Another Zinc/Harlands/CRS issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I would be really grateful for some help as I'm loosing sleep over my ongoing battle with Zinc/Harlands/CRS.

My partner and I joined Exercise for Less on an 11 month contract in March 2014, by April 2014 we decided to cancel our membership as the gym was not to our liking. I mistakenly believed that I could just cancel my direct debit. Within a few days we started to receive letters. So on 20th April, we sent them a letter offering the £9.99 (taken from the forum). Harlands have denied receiving this letter. So now the debt (which currently stands at £226.00) has been passed to Zinc. Two days ago I sent Zinc the following email:

"I refer to your attempts to contact me seeking payment for gym membership.membership. Harlands were made fully aware in April 2015 and Later about why their demands are wholly disputed. They failed to accept my reasonable offer to settle, nor did they attempt to discuss any alternative (please find letter attached).Accordingly, your demands are in clear breach of the OFT debt collection Guidelines and, if you contact me further, you will be included in my formal complaint to Trading Standards."

Zinc replied with this:

"Thank you for your email, the contents of which have been noted. It is not our intent to cause any distress or inconvenience.In order to resolve this matter, please provide evidence that you cancelled your gym membership in writing.I look forward to hearing from you within the next 2 days to prevent the possibility of further action."

I don't know what to do to make them stop and I can't afford to pay them. I truly appreciate any help you can give me

Hi Zeb and welcome to CAG

You won't have to pay any more than £9.99 if I can help it !!

1. Do you have a copy of the letter you sent to Harlands on 20th April.

2. Was it sent by ordinary post.

In the meantime, reply to Zinc saying :-

I have neither the inclination nor the need to provide you with anything and respectfully suggest you return this matter to Harlands/CRS.

Further contact or demands from you will be reported.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

Many thanks for your response. I sent your reply to Zinc and they've come back to me with this,

[i)"Thank you for your email, the contents of which have been noted.As we are unable to resolve this matter for you, I need to advise that we have now closed your account with Zinc and returned to our clients.

Please contact Xercise 4 Less directly for any further queries. We will advise them of your dispute as they may wish to pursue the matter further."[/i]

Does this mean that I can now just sit back and let Harlands waste their time with their hot air letters or do I need to do anything else?

Thank you so much for all your help it's truly appreciated :)

Hi Zebra,

I misread your post initially, thinking you'd been members for just over a year from 2014 to 2015. WRONG !! - you were members for just a month or two before cancelling the DD in April 2014. :oops:

I'd normally say you had no good grounds to cancel unless you complained in writing about the facilities; or you were made redundant, moved home or couldn't use the gym on health grounds. In which case you should either pay for the remainder of the 11 months, or negotiate a settlement.

However, if Harlands/CRS were going to take any serious action about this, they should have done so by now.

Wait and see what they say next and let us know.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I misread your post initially, thinking you'd been members for just over a year from 2014 to 2015. WRONG !!

Me too! Oops.... :frusty:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!