GE Capital Mortgage Interest Incorrectly Calculated

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a letter from GE stating that the interest on my interest only mortgage has been calculated incorrectly

It states that the interest should be calculated daily and charged monthly , however it has been calculated monthly and charged monthly

This has come out of the blue and contains no actual calculation and a credit has been charged to my account

I recently had an experience with Royscott Finance , and because they had not supplied annual statements I received the full amount of interest charged over a 2/3 year period.

Have I got any rights to get the interest back or any form of compensation in relation to this ?

Any advise would be greatly received

Thank you in advance

Hi, I have received the same type of letter. I had a 1 page letter where at the bottom there was a table that explained 'what we have done' with a table and 2 columns showing the amount before recalculation and the amount after. Mine was a whopping 13p reduction and it only decreased on the arrears balance and the fees * additional interest balance. I received no explanation as to how long this error had occurred or a breakdown of the calculation and how they arrived at the figure. Did your letter provide the same detail I have mentioned or did your letter have additional information?

Many thanks