Xercise4less harassing 15 year old

grifty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

briefly

my 15 year old asked me to let her join xercise4 less so she could go with her pal after school back in may.

I wasn't sure if she could join due to her age so I phoned the local club and was assured it wouldn't be a problem and due to her age she couldn't be signed up to a contract and could cancel at any time.

around the start of September she was turned away with her pal as they were both under 16.

She told me she wasn't going back so I cancelled the dd and thought that's that.

end of September a letter came addressed to her from Harlands saying they had she owed them £14.99 plus £25.00 fee.

I immediately phoned them to explain she was only 15.

But they refused to talk to me quoting the data protection act.

I phoned the local club and they asked me to send proof of her age, so I emailed them a scan of her young scot card.

They confirmed they received it and would pass it along.

last week I received a text saying her account was in default.

I called again, they told me they had received nothing from the club.

Again I explained her age and told them not to contact her again.

Today she received another letter saying she now owes them £79.98. She is a bit upset even though I told her not to worry.

How do I get them to stop harassing her.

Ive called Slick to the thread... Jesus! this is a new low for Harlands...

Guardian would eat this up like a cat eating fish...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Grifty,

1. Did you sign a DD mandate on YD's behalf.

2. Or did YD sign up alone.

3. Who was the text msg from, saying the a/c was (I assume it was from Harlands).

Tell YD not to worry about these demands. We'll help you deal with the matter.

Read other threads here to see how Harlands operate.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

neither of us signed anything, I've never set foot in the club.

I gave her details over the phone and my account number over the phone. I gave them my email and mobile number for contact.

all the mail and email has been addressed to her from Harlands and the text was from x4l and just said dear member your account has gone into default.

I made it clear when opening her account what age she was and asked if I would have to join as well due to her age and was told no she could join on her own as she was over 13.

I'll check in the morning in case the asked her to sign anything in the club but she's never mentioned it.

I'm not worried but she is, I just want them to stop sending her threatening letters.

it just isn't appropriate to keep sending them when I have sent them proof of her age.

Edited by slick132
Spacing added !!

Him Grifty,

Let us know what you find out further in the morning and we'll take it from there.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Grifty,

I suggest you write to Harlands :-

I refer to demands from you regarding my daughter attending Xercise4Less in [town/city].

She was 15 at the time she joined and I was told I could pay for her and she could leave at any time as she would not be tied to a membership agreement.

In early September, she was denied access to the gym due to her age and was unwilling to go back after being embarassed by the episode.

You have no right to make demands of me or my daughter and further demands will be reported for investigation.

I suggest you contact the gym seeking confirmation and do not contact me further.

Send this to Harlands and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO at the time.