Barclays appointed receivers on home despite monthly payments to recoveries since 2011

Disastra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I had a commercial mortgage with Barclays and a business account with overdraft in 2001, Unfortunately after 10 years the business dropped off and I was no longer able to continue. The bank took a charge against the house for a loan they made me take out to pay the overdraft and put the mortgage into recoveries.

I wasn't able to pay the loan off, I knew I wouldn't be able to, I couldn't pay anything at that time, so they 'consolidated' it into the mortgage which they now termed arrears.

I came to an arrangement with them to service this, paying £100 a month, which they would write to me every few years to say they thought my position hadn't changed so were happy to continue receiving. They twice sent me a form to provide my income/outgoings between then and now. I've never had a statement of the account from them.

I increased the amount paid to them to £230 per month a few years ago.

Earlier this year I received another financial breakdown form which I duly completed and returned offering to increase the payment to £250 a month.

They wrote back saying they can't accept monthly payments any longer and wanted the whole amount or they would bring in LP Receivers.

I replied explaining the property is now just domestic, having been de-classified by the council in 2011,and our only home and that we would be homeless if we couldn't work something out, meaning we could also possible lose our jobs.

Barclays replied advising we contact Step Change, which we did. They advised after helping us find savings, that we offer £450 a month. I did this.

This has been refused and a receiver appointed. The receiver has written asking for our vat number, the address of each occupier at the property and the rent they pay us, details of contracts for electricity, water etc.

The most worrying thing is that their letter tells us not to re-enter the property without their consent or remove any fixtures and fittings. We live here so it's not an option to not enter the property.

We're at a loss and of course will consult a solicitor, but any advice would be of aid.