Altercation against debt collectors

Farhan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there guys,

I need some advice, keep in mind neither party have pressed charges at the moment.

about a week ago a debt collector came for a doorstep visit to arrange (bully) my brother into a payment plan.

My brother is skinny he is like 8 stones he 30 years old and weighs less than most girls.

when he called me and told me there was a "hench" guy. I decided to go see what was going on,

now I'm 14 stone and 6.1. And we were pretty evenly matched

before I even got round the the background I could hear this idiot shouting at my brother,

which really got my goat as my brother isn't a threat.

I am also former military (SSG Pakistan army) so I know close-quarter-combat and don't get intimidated easily,

when I got round to him, he was pretty big. I don't remember exactly what happened.

But we both go into each others faces after a long argument, I told him my brother isn't going to pay him

and he needs to leave, and he started saying: "so you think your a big man?" the usual nonsense,

I told him not to get into my personal space, and I told him my background, and that I would defend myself

I made this clear to him at least 5 times, while I was moving back from him, anyway,

he didn't do anything and eventually he said something like I'll show you, I'll be back blah, blah.

So next day, I decided to stay at my brothers house, this time 3 guys came down big ones, looked like they'd just come out of a gym or something,

they started saying "**** the paper work" and using all sorts of crude language,

one of them started saying: "your not such a tough guy now are you? what do you doing to do call the police here, big man use my phone" they started goading me.

To cut the long story short, we got into a little wrestling match, I choked one of them out and the other had his arm-

he didn't want any more of it, the 3rd one out cold as soon as it kicked off. the neighbours called the police, and the police turned up...

And they asked if anyone wanted to press charges we all agreed not to, and the police told them to leave or they'll be arrested for breaking the peace or something.

today this morning my brother called me, and said he got a letter saying they'd reduce the debt by 90%

and just wanted to settle this. And said that they don't want anything to do with him in person or over the phone.

Sorry English isn't my first language but what do they mean?

Are they taking legal action instead, seems abit fishy they just want to let it go so quickly

, btw I've not had the police come to me or any letters etc. So I don't understand this kind of thing.

Are they doing something legal on me do you think?

Thanks guys for any advice.

whats the debt all about

and who are the company these guys are from.

a DCA is not a bailiff and can be totally ignored

they have no legal powers.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Well done for standing up for your brother.

As the police attended, they will have a record of the incident even though no action was taken however, this bully boys actions still need to be addressed.

On any paperwork, there should be the name of the DCA chasing and some (such as Moorcroft) employ doorstep 'agents'. The company needs to be made aware of this action and relevant action taken against the agent. Ideally he should be sacked.

I suspect this guy is a bouncer or something similar and has friends who will help him 'enforce' a debt where needed.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

whats the debt all about

and who are the company these guys are from.

a DCA is not a bailiff and can be totally ignored

they have no legal powers.

dx

I don't know what they're called, they keep changing the name. when the 3 of them came they said that the court sent them, and that my brother will go to prison, when the police came he denied he said that. The police were not happy with them to be honest, one of the officers said that my brother should report them to the police. And said that they're using threats to collect the money. But my brother is scared of them to be honest, and we don't usually get the police involved, since this was some kind of loan my brother had taken out from a guy a knew about 3/4 years ago, we fell out with him over another issue.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Well done for standing up for your brother.

As the police attended, they will have a record of the incident even though no action was taken however, this bully boys actions still need to be addressed.

On any paperwork, there should be the name of the DCA chasing and some (such as Moorcroft) employ doorstep 'agents'. The company needs to be made aware of this action and relevant action taken against the agent. Ideally he should be sacked.

I suspect this guy is a bouncer or something similar and has friends who will help him 'enforce' a debt where needed.

To be honest I don't think these guys care, and I can't remember their name, I remember he said something like Turk Collect or something they said their from sheffield that's what I know. Yeah, they looked more like bouncers especially the way they were acting just thinking they can throw their weight around. After the meeting with me, they knew it wasn't a joke I suspect the other clowns were just his buddies who decided they didn't want any of this and now, they're probably trying the legal route. What kind of company asks for 17,000K and then says just give us a 2K and we will close the account.

But yeah to their name they kept changing it, sometimes even making names up, and making stupid jokes. Just being bullies to be honest. I don't even think they are professional.

I pressed my brother on this and he has said he took a loan from some guy I knew this guy he used to be alright but there has been some falling out with him and my brother over another business about 3 years ago, but there was nothing until like April this year when they started calling him up, and asking him were he moved to etc. At first they didn't sent him anything they just wanted the money my brother borrowed from them, my brother does have the money but he just doesn't want to pay him.

Right, this was a loan my brother took from a guy for a car he wanted to buy, at that time him and my brother were friends so, so he scrapped the loan, he said you don't have to pay it, but it seems now he has had a change of mind.

These guys wouldn't be illegal loan sharks would they? (it may explain why they didn't want police involvement)

How much was borrowed in the beginning.

A 15K drop in payment smells very much to me.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

These guys wouldn't be illegal loan sharks would they? (it may explain why they didn't want police involvement)

How much was borrowed in the beginning.

A 15K drop in payment smells very much to me.

They probably are illegal, because the police was on their side at first, until they were asked more information after that the officer told my brother basically he needs to get the police involved if they ever turn up again. My brother borrowed just under 16K. We agreed we would get the police involved but now they're trying making a legal route either to get me arrested or use the courts. By the way, the police did a major check on one of the guys, as he spoke no English at all, but he was here legally though it turned out.

Check the letter, itll be headed by the company and who the OC is.... Id like to know...

I think a complaint would go VERY Well on this!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Check the letter, itll be headed by the company and who the OC is.... Id like to know...

I think a complaint would go VERY Well on this!

I remember it was in black and white it wasn't like a proper header, AND the rest was hand written. Not even signed either, and it just said, deposit money into such and such account, and then it will be closed/settled. It was a UK bank account. With the name of the guy my brother took the loan from in the first place. These other guys we just don't know them, I mean they looked like they were just paid to come round and try and collect the cash, since these people know very well my brother does have the money.

Anyway, guys thanks for your help, my brother told me he will call the police if they turn up. And I am going to take my brother to the police station today and get this reported, I don't care if they press charges against me, for defending my brother, and myself it was 3 vs 2, and my brother isn't a fighter. So it was 3 vs 1, I just don't want to have a criminal record against me, as I don't want to lose my job.

Record anything that happens in the future. Just get a recorder going and keep it in your pocket.

You say your brother received a letter, there should be a name on that ?

Ah right, I see you already answered that.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just a chance in the air but...

You said a UK account and was hand written? Has your bother been involved with a loan shark?

These tactics sound like me it could be...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

This issue has been resolved you can delete the thread guys, spoke to the police. And then further I resolved it with the guy.

Threads are not normally removed by the site team. You would need to click on contact us below and email admin to make the request

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We do not delete threads once a situation has been resolved. The whole point of CAG is that people share their experiences - receive advice, which can then be used to help others.

If we were to just remove threads once resolved, then CAG would cease to exist !! .

Very pleased indeed to hear that this is now sorted.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D