Scottish power dropped a clanger

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a demand for payment from Scottish power through our communal letter box , incorrectly addressed i might add, in fact the address doesn't actually exist, there was no named account holder on the letter, just an account number & the amount outstanding, I checked for the sake of checking it compared against my old SP account , as i haven't been with them for some 2yrs,

I rang them to see what info they would tell me,to see if i could help, but they won't say anything , Today they sent someone round to the property, i told him that the account number doesn't match and showed him it, and that this was not the address named on the letter, he asked if he could check and read my meter, i refused on principle and privacy grounds, he was ok about it, but said they will send someone else,lol i didn't have a problem with him checking the meter's serial number but i do object to them reading the meter has it has zero to do with that company , also i would of thought the account number would be linkable to the meter SN?

Typical bullying from the big utility companies who think they can do whatever they want ,

Another example of this is the so called 2yr safety inspection, when the reality of it is purely about visually checking the meter for evidence of tampering and to also get a bona fide meter reading , why can't they be honest about it, and admit that they don't trust their customers instead of giving us bs excuses?, as i live in a privately rented property and has gas appliances these and meter are checked by a actual gas safe registered engineer once every year that is a safety check

• 2 weeks later...