Barclaycard to Robinson Way & Lowell

svenskidoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently started to receive letters from Lowell and today, out of the blue, a phishing letter from Robinson Way.

I've plumped for a free Noddle file and can see Mkdp and Lowell. Lowell have mentioned a Barclaycard and their balance reflects what is in my file. I presume Robinson Way will follow the phishing letter with demands for payment.

I presume both relate to old Barclaycards. The default dates show mid 2010 however I was thinking the dates would have been 2009. Is there a chance the default dates are wrong?

How do I go about moving this forward? One account was opened in 1994, one in 2003.

I'm confused about what I should be asking for having read different things about a CCA pre 2007. There will be charges no doubt, not sure about PPI. I need to engage with Lowell now as they've been persistent , but will wait for Robinson Way to say exactly what it is they are chasing.

The Lowell account is a card account that was sold to Barclaycard , maybe an egg card.

When would a true default date be?

OK for those 2 date they will need a true CCA in order to enforce in court.

I would Send Lowell A CCA request. Keep proof of postage and delivery

Ignore robinson way

As for the charges you may want to send Barclaycard a full Subject access request. They keep data going back till at least 2004

A good read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?423713-Barclaycard-Link

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks for the replies.

Can I send a prove it style letter to Lowell asking for a copy of the CCA, date last payment made etc. without sending off a PO for the £1. I could send them a cheque but that would have my signature - just with work time to get to the Post Office is limited. I've looked at using pctopaper to send a recorded delivery letter online. Would they simply write back asking for £1 ?

they are under no obligations to respond without the £1

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

forget holding letter, that just invookes letter tennis

cca only atm

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I could with some advice on this please;

After a prolonged period of sending letters, offering large discounts, going silent and then starting the whole cycle again, Robinson Way have sent me a pre-legal assessment letter today.

This refers to an old Barclaycard account and I guess I'll get a second one for another old Barclaycard. Now, the default dates were in 2010 although I suspected they'd actually been 2009. Regardless, I have made no acknowledgement or contacted them, no payments made.

These alleged debts are no longer on my credit file and I'm 100% certain they are statute barred.

At no point has Robinson Way sent any proof relating to these accounts that were sold to Hoist Portfolio 2.

Do I respond right away with a complaint to the FCA? or should I acknowledge this pre-legal assessment letter? I'm unsure on whether or not I should send a "prove it" letter or if this warrants a more strongly worded response.

Ignore or send statute barred letter.

Under FCA debt collection guidance, they should stop writing to you after you have sent them a statute barred letter, asking not to be contacted again.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

are they officially aware of your correct address

if the card was taken out at a previous one.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

threads merged

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, this is a lower drawer letter saying they may have to pass to their friends Howard Cohen & Co.

That is going to cause some logistical problems for them.. just handing it to a colleague on the next desk?

If this was on your credit file but is now no longer showing then it is almost certainly statute barred.

As advised - send the SB letter - obtain a proof of posting and keep with your own records.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That is going to cause some logistical problems for them.. just handing it to a colleague on the next desk?

== Hahahah sent via courier c/o china/North Korea = rocket shipment to US Sub in the peninsula the in a bottle to the addressee at desk No 2 in the 2 desk office!!!

If this was on your credit file but is now no longer showing then it is almost certainly statute barred.

= There it was Gone:-

As advised - send the SB letter - obtain a proof of posting and keep with your own records.

should stop them in their tracks after they scratch their head and get rid of the splinters

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

should stop them in their tracks after they scratch their head and get rid of the splinters

:lol:

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So long as there is no previous addy to try to circumvent SB and get a default judgment.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

So long as there is no previous addy to try to circumvent SB and get a default judgment.

They have my current address although we moved not long ago, so they have updated their records after sending out a usual phishing letter. I would suggest people think about mail redirection though - some how I think Royal Mail gave them my details once a redirection started.

No recent searches by them, and no past action on these accounts.

I'm thinking now that I've had one of these "pre-legal" letters before, and the letters cycle has just started again. If I write to them telling them it is statutory barred, does anyone know their track history on this - do they ignore?

it wont matter BUT

YOU should be writing something , SB letter sounds good to me

to ALL your creditors

not run on a wing and a prayer that a debt buyer wont file to an old address

AS THEY WILL ON PURPOSE.

just to get a backdoor CCJ.

just remember that a debt being SB'd does not prevent them chasing the debt in E&W

the debt still exist just that they cant enforce a court judgement.

however..even if its SB'd there is nothing to stop them going for a backdoor CCJ if you've NOT informed them of your new address

as twill be a default judgement where nothing is checked as it goes undefended

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

SB letters sent

but appear to have crossed with a notice of pending legal action from Howard Cohen which took over a week to arrive looking at date on it.

They are going after the smaller of the two accounts.

Second one back on the payment plan and discounts carousel.

Is there a reason for this?

As this is obviously SB and has been for some time,

is this them just trying to get a judgement by default thinking I'm not around?

I've raised a complaint with the FOS who can contact Robinson Way on my behalf but won't make a final decision until the end of the complaints process from what I've read..

Question is what should I do now?

I fired off an email to RW on Monday from a throw away account,

confirmed as received but they will respond by post.

I'm thinking I need to send something to Howard Cohen.

Is it worth sending CCA requests at this stage?

this debt is SB'd?

you shouldn't be blindly sending emails or contacting anyone without asking here first.

dx

and they

you've sent the sb letter to hph2 so no dice rw.

and they

Letters went to RW as they are the ones sending the demands for payment.

Should I send also to Hoist?

Isn't Hoist the parent company anyway?

Do I need to send anything to Howard Cohen?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

they are all the same lot as described before

and they