The Aurora Borealis the Northern Lights - has been visible over parts of the UK.Cameras out please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Aurora Borealis - better known as the Northern Lights - has been visible over parts of the UK.

Can you believe this.

First of all the Super Eclipse Blood Moon now a chance to see this.

In one year.Maybe a month.

I am so happy i could sing, dance.Spin around and may just do one or all of these things.

Believe there are chances to see it for the next few weeks.

Now i know there are many photographers in these rooms on the CAG.

Who can take a fine picture.

If any of you whether mobile or digi camera sees this Aurora in the skies over the next few weeks could you post a picture.

Or maybe as you are keeping a eye on the sky post here when you see it in your area.

A early warning so others may look out of windows and see it.

Link that explains.With many pictures and other links to explain how and when you might see this marvel of the skies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34472301

Off now to take a peek. Checking,Camera, Tripod, Telescope,back pack,supplies,binoculars,stun gun,dog, ok should be enough for a hour or two.

I have never seen it have you?

Just doing a radar check on cloud etc.

Check out your area.Whatever day,when you press i feel it will be current. Up-to date.

Pop posty code in and away you go.

No good if cloudy or danger of storms etc.

Otherwise we would be lighting up the skies with all that metal we will be carrying.

A link for you.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=radar;sess=

clouded in on the 8th 9th was good

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I remember seeing some amazing displays in the Highlands of Scotland when I was a child.

Its going to be a very 'interesting' winter.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

do not think it has reached us in The East Midlands, xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

do not think it has reached us in The East Midlands, xx

Too much mist, cloud and morning fog snowdragon.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

ah right, not had any of that where I am , will keep looking x

Sandy x

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

dx100uk

clouded in on the 8th 9th was good

A clear view of the Northern lights.So one lucky person saw them.Nice one.

A fine picture.Shows people get out there and are interested.

And such a wide view of the Northern Lights.

Breaking news.

The Daily Express:lol:

Shock as NASA confirms asteroid TWO MILES wide will pass close to Earth in 48 HOURS

A HUGE asteroid measuring almost two miles across will skim past Earth in just 48 HOURS, Nasa has confirmed.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/610777/NASA-asteroid-warning-86666-near-miss-planet-Earth-48-hours

While you are aiming your cameras at the skies looking for the Northern Lights could you take a picture or video of the Asteroid as it skims over your rooftops.:madgrin:

Is this down to the sun emitting more radiation ?

The sun has been going through an active phase and some say this is partly the reason for global warming. Some of the solar flares have been massive and if they were in the right direction satellites would be badly affected.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The Tory Legacy

Breaking news.

The daily Express:lol:

Shock as NASA confirms asteroid TWO MILES wide will pass close to Earth in 48 HOURS

A HUGE asteroid measuring almost two miles across will skim past Earth in just 48 HOURS, Nasa has confirmed.

http://www.expruess.co.uk/news/science/610777/NASA-asteroid-warning-86666-near-miss-planet-Earth-48-hours

While you are aiming your cameras at the skies looking for the Northern Lights could you take a picture or video of the Asteroid as it skims over your rooftops.:madgrin:

16 million miles away !

NASA or any other official body would not make any announcement if an asteroid were to hit, because of the consequences. If you were living in coastal areas, you would probably drive to the nearest high point, just in case it caused a tsunami. If you lived in a city, you may be tempted to travel to the nearest area of open ground, to avoid collapsing buildings. There would be total panic.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

unclebulgaria67

Is this down to the sun emitting more radiation ?

The sun has been going through an active phase and some say this is partly the reason for global warming. Some of the solar flares have been massive and if they were in the right direction satellites would be badly affected.

Would or could this if it happened affect my viewing of the Bear Garden.Or my mobile.

Solar Flares a picture please when one approaches.May not need the barbecue lighting if one of these comes near.

Free heat.

Harness these flares,keep them in my shed for warmth in winter.

tobyjugg2

Is it this one they are referring?

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/25...steroid-86666/

So that is the little devil.So small,a pinprick.Will be hard to photograph.

Could get very interesting this weekend

Hope the Asteroid has no mates with him.

If that one hit anywhere there would be little point except for getting a grandstand view,

... but don't forget to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye before you start watching

The Tory Legacy

If that one hit anywhere there would be little point except for getting a grandstand view,

... but don't forget to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye before you start watching

Think i would go to the nearest pub, order 5 pints to avoid later queues.

Fine idea.I feel i will join you in your quest.Have a few jars myself.

Latest news.More Northern lights on the way.

Stunning Northern Lights display illuminates the Lake District - and more are on the way

A burst of solar wind means the Aurora Borealis will be visible from the UK over the next few weeks. The light show has already begun, as these images taken in the Lake District prove.

http://home.bt.com/news/science-news/you-need-to-see-these-incredible-views-of-the-northern-lights-from-the-uk-11364009534324

And a news report with video.

Northern Lights Put On Spectacular UK Show

Forecasters say the current positions of the Earth and Sun may give us a number chances to see the lights over the next few weeks.

http://news.sky.com/story/1565729/northern-lights-put-on-spectacular-uk-show

While you wait for tonight perhaps.

Here is a video for you to look at.

My mind is finding it hard to take all this in.It aches,does yours?

We are a small dot in a galaxy.Of several hundred billion stars. Only one out of 100 billion galaxies.

What, i am out of here.

I am now thinking we are Martians.We came here a long time ago.:madgrin:

Time for another pint, or two,or three.

Star Size Comparison HD

Latest Breaking News.

As well as looking for the Northern Lights and the Asteroid skimming your rooftops.

Wait for it can you believe what we can see tonight and many more nights to come.

Put your town and city in.

And watch the Space Station fly over for a few minutes each night.

Looks like a star travelling across the night sky.

Link for you.

Spot The Station

http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/#.Vhe8MflVikq

Pop your town, city, village or hamlet in buy a few beers,make some sandwiches,get your family and friends around and be amazed.

Think perhaps good grief there are men up there.And maybe even a lady.Who knows.

My we are going to be busy tonight and for nights to come.

A triple whammy. Photographs if this is possible please.

Tawnyowl off to shops for more supplies.

Bye.

not from the uk, but a good catch

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/must_see/34462536[/quote

Yes Ford-A fine catch.Fantastic footage.

I think that is the best i have seen.

And those Whales so close to the shore.

I hope we get to see some Northern Lights in the next few weeks wherever we are.