Di V Yorkshire Bank MCOL Issued **Settled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This is my first time writing a thread :confused: I am trying to claim charges back and have just sent the LBA. I'm feeling quite anxious about what will happen next. Has anyone been past this stage with YB. Any advice would be welcome

Thanks Diane:p

Up to now I have done it alone, I am now feeling a bit scared to carry on. Just about to send the LBA. Any advice or success stories would be most welcome.

Thanks Diane:o

Diane don't be scared, Pj had a great win over Yorkshire, have a read

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-clydesdale-bank-successes/7890-pjdudley69-yorkshire-bank.html

You will win and I'm sure she will help you along the way with advice as well as others who are and have won against the bank. Good Luck and remember you are in the right.

I can understand your concern Diane and I can't pretend that YB will make it easy for you. But you will find the YB forum very supportive and great advice offered. There have been a few successes which you can read about in the Yorkshire and Clydesdale Successes forum.

You have done well to get this far alone and I am glad you decided to tell us about it. I look forward to following your progress and I am sure we will all help as much as we can.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

:o Hi Everyone

I am claiming £617 charges + interest

I have just sent my MCOL against YB. Recieved a Notice of Issue saying the defendant has until 25th Nov to reply. I feel a bit scared about what happens next:mad: any support on this journey will be great. Hope I get some money by Xmas;) although that's a bit optomistic I think.

Thanks Everyone

Di (In need of friends)

Hiys Di...

At the same point as you, we can compare....Dont worry hun :)

Started 25th Sep 2006 - got cheque on 4th December 2006. Settled without interest but full amount plus court costs :)

A & L Watch out buddy you are next 2007!!!!

You'll have plenty of friends here and help and support. I wouldn't expect any money much before Christmas 2007 though. Keep reading up, especially in the Successes forum so that you can see what might lie ahead. Also I found the MCOL guidance very helpful, and the Patricia Pearl book is very useful and readable. It explains all the terminology in laymans terms and even I can understand it. In fact I must do a bit more reading this weekend.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Any help you need Di then just help. Like caro said its a long haul so be prepared for the wait. My Allocation Hearing isnt until January, and thats just to decide the next step i think. I have been at it since mid June ish and others longer

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st

I have merged your threads together as it is easier to follow your progress if it's all together.

Yesterday I received the following letter

Thank you for your letter of 6 November 2006 advising that you have not accepted the cheque issued in full and final settlement of your claim.

I would advise that the banks position remains unchanged from that which was stated in our final response dated 4th November 2006.

I trust this clarifies the banks position.

Yours Sincerley

Neil McKirdy

I havn't heard anything from the courts yet:)

dont worry, just hold on. You will hear from the courts soon enough. It will either be a hearing date, or an allocation hearing or a months stay.

Probably the stay if some of the others are to go by.

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

I have recieved a letter today from YB saying the usual bumph!!

'you have failed to provide details of the account you claim to hold with the bank(sort code and account number) nor have you provided sufficient detailsdetails of the charges you allege should be refunded(date and amount levied)with your claim form blah blah blah!!!'

The address on the letter is Legal Services

PO Box 43

40 st. Vincent Place

Glasgow

Does any one know if I should reply to this address?

Anyone with a template letter to send?

Should I send a copy to the courts?

Please help things are becoming complecated

Thanks Di

Just send a copy of your schedule of charges with the details they want, and point out in your covering letter that you have already sent this to the bank twice, and a copy to the court for them. Assuming that you have done that.

They are just trying to scare you, but it's just bluster so don't let them.

Have you heard anything Diane?

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

oh yes. I have an allocation hearing on the 19th Jan, although I have written to the judge and asked why cant it go direct to hearing, it should be on the small claims track so why an AH

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Recieved an offer today for the full amount + court costs without interest if I do not proceed to court. I am going to accept, feels Fantastic £700 just in time for Christmas. Thanks to everyone who supported me on the way. My donation will be sent as soon as the cheque has cleared

Well done girl - chuffed for you

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

Well done....I had the same letter a few days ago and posted off to accept yesterday....wooohoooooo......

Started 25th Sep 2006 - got cheque on 4th December 2006. Settled without interest but full amount plus court costs :)

A & L Watch out buddy you are next 2007!!!!