RLP TK Maxx Third Letter... Three years on!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, seen a lot of people able to help out others in sticky situations as this one, so here goes!

My daughter, now 20 received a letter (maybe 2nd/3rd letter? she can't remember) from the RLP

stating she must pay the £150 owed

'where it is alleged you were involved in a wrongful act and were apprehended as a result of your actions' at a TK MAXX store in 2012.

When this first came to my attention and I looked over forums like this,

I was told that letters from the RLP are all threat and no action,

and was advised to ignore them as they tend to disappear within 9-18 months.

She said she was taken into the security room, and held for 5-10mins, police weren't called and the goods that she took her were returned.

Should we be worried that it's now three years on, and they're still writing to her?

Will my address be marked/blacklisted because of this as she still lives at home, as her home address is my home address.

Thanks in advance!

no they cant mark yours or anyones file

the letters are purely to try and fleece you.

you already know the score TOTALLY IGNORE THEM.

if you wanna give us a laugh PDF upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your response dx100uk.

Would this still be the case even though the incident will be 3 years in November? My daughter has just started Uni and i really don't want this following her (or us!!) around.

I know that we'd do best to ignore the letters, but you'd think after three years they'd give it a bloody rest haha

Yes ignore them

All they ever want is money

To line their pocket

Nothing ever goes to the retailer

They are not the law

Are not backed by any laws

And can never be backed by it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

This does happen on occasion. Due to this site (and others I assume) RLP are finding it hard to make the profits they used to so they recycle cases that have had no response.

All you need to remember is that RLP can do nothing....ever! Only the store that was involved could take any action and after 3 years, if they were serious, they would have done so by now.

File the letters in the most suitable place you can think of (shredder?) and get on with life. Nothing will happen except RLPs costs increase which is a good thing :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Its odd they use the word alleged, they seem to be admitting that the person in question maybe wasnt involved and therefore there can be no amount due.

Even Criminals are 'allegedly' innocent until proven guilty. I imagine this is the same principle in civil cases.

With RLP, the onus is on the 'alleged' shoplifter to prove no wrongdoing as opposed to the store (not RLP) proving guilt via the courts. Hiding to nowhere comes to mind!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Since these letters are just requests for funds from you then please feel free to decline the request that you pay. Move on now and forget this, now action can be taken after 6 months from the date of the offence, its all over now....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.