Returning to work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After being off work for 7 weeks due to an Event, doctors unclear as to what caused this but still doing test's, I was hoping to do less hours until i get back to full fitness.

I have worked here for 10 years without any previous time off due to illness, part time doing 25 hours over five days, would it be unreasonable to ask for one day off until I feel well enough to go back to previous part time hours.

I have spoken to my manager, but been suggested that I seek disability allowance if I cant resume normal working, but how can you claim this if I don't have a disability or been diagnosed with one.

What would be the best way to approach this as I really want to get back to work, but feel that one day less would help me get back to normal.

Any help appreciated thanks.

Most reasonable employers would certainly be willing to discuss some sort of phased return to work - indeed many insist on it after an extended period of absence.

I would suggest that you request this directly with HR rather than just discussing it with a Manager

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thank you sidewinder, the place I work is like a small office and we don't have an HR dept, normally we discuss things with the Manager who then talks it over with the other partners to reach a decision.

My doctor had asked if I would prefer a Phased return to work, which at first I had said no, but thinking on, it may be a better option, would it be unreasonable to ask to start off on a 2 day week then build up over a period of time to get back to the hours I worked previously, providing my health improves to get back to normal working.

Thank you

could your doctor not put phased return to work on a fit note?

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Your GP should be the one to advise on your suitability for work, not the employer, and a Phased return is a recommendation option on the fit note. There are tick boxes to state whether you are fully fit or not fully fit, and spaces for the GP to elaborate and add extra information - he can quite easily suggest that you are fit, but that your return to work at this stage would benefit from being phased over a period.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!