Orange to EE. Still being charged for orange.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Over a year ago I upgraded my orange contract over to EE.

I expected a crossover bill to happen and I paid off the old orange account over the phone and I was told the account was closed.

I then still got an orange bill for non-DD charge +VAT. Only about £2-£3 so I ignored it thinking it was just a computer error. I had this happen again for a bit and it was adding the non-DD charge +VAT.

I called orange and they apologised and said the account hadn't been closed properly and the bills were automatic. They assured me that the account had been stopped and zeroed.

The bills carried on, starting from £2-£3 again. After another 2 months I called again and told them the bills and having to deal with them was very upsetting as I suffer with depression and severe anxiety and I had been assured twice that I would not have anymore.

I've had many more since and the current balance £21.72, as stated on a 'your service will be disconnected' notice, dated 27/08/15.

Advice I would like:

1) who should I write to to end this once and for all? And what should I write?

2) can I claim compensation for the inconvenience and hassle?

3) can I charge Orange for processing each letter?

I'm fed up of unacceptable behaviour from these types of companies and they just say 'sorry, computer bad'.

Thanks in advance.

Safu.

SAFU

Before doing anything

Id be checking your credit file.

Also no more phone calls.

If you have proof of the upgrade and that you closed the account.

Send a letter to the CEOS office with a copy of the proof, send recorded delivery, demand to know why when the account was closed, confirmed by yoru proof and the 2 phone calls, why you keep being charged.

You would also demand any incorrect into on your CRFs to be expunged.

Others will be able to give more advice in better detail

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.