style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a copy of the email I've sent to Lidl. Looking on line there are many others who are very unhappy.

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction with the way I have been treated by Lidl regarding a parking fine I received by post on 29/08/15.

The CIVIL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE arrived just when I had returned from my weekly shop at your Streatham branch on 29/08/15. After paying I was asked for my car registration and given an explanation as to why this was needed, previously I had been asked but no explanation as to why my registration was required had been given, so I refused.

I contacted your customer services department ref ....... and have been asked to provide evidence of my shop, which I will do.

You should be aware this has caused me great inconvenience as my last credit card statement from Nat West was up to 13/08/15. It will be another month before my next statement arrives and I have had to register for an on line statement and this will take between 7-10 working days according to Nat West. I didn't keep the receipt from Lidl

My stay was just over an hour and it would have been a lot quicker if the store was easier to get around and there had not been such a large queue at the checkout. I notice in your Clapham store there are quick service tills, providing a far better customer experience, no such luxury for Streatham. Still what should I expect as you’ve only just started accepting credit cards in all stores!

Being a loyal customer for over 10 years, spending on average over £100 per week I feel aggrieved that I have to provide proof, especially when your staff did not communicate the reason for this requirement until 29/08/15.

Surely an organistion of this size would be able to access customer records and see that I am telling the truth, apologise and move on.

My research shows that there are many articles across the UK complaining about unfair treatment with parking fines and this is an own goal, upsetting loyal customers and pushing them to your competitors who are facing similar issues with parking and find far fairer ways of dealing with customers.

As Tesco’s found you can treat people as you want on the way up, but it’s different on the way down.

Yours sincerely

Francis Mercer

It is not a parking fine but a claim for damages caused by a breach of contract with the parking company. Normally you have to take the matter up with the parking co but in your case you do seem to have a problem with the company's servants so they are vicariously liable for the actions of the staff.

If you haven sent the letter yet make this point and say that as the staff failed to make things clear you cannot be said to have considered the parking contract propery and so there hasnt been an acceptance of the contract and should therefore be treated as a trespasser. You can then ask them to quantify their loss for your trespass on that occasion and you will consider paying those damages that are provable.

Hi and welcome to CAG. As this is primarily a parking matter, I will move this thread to the parking forum. This is purely administrative and will require no action from you.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

An excellent point raised by Ericsbrother (again). Lidl should take full responsibility for this and cancel the ticket but I have seen where they won't.

As this is a Notice to Keeper (inviting you to name the driver) you still have to follow the appeals route.

What date was the supposed 'offence'? With ANPR (as I assume this is) they have 14 days to write to you as the registered keeper.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...