Arrears paid off, what next?

vickson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So after 8 years, several Eviction hearings and mortgage lenders (lost count of how many times its been transferred now) I have finally paid off my arrears.

Does anyone know what I should do now to stop the lender going back to court on the old possession order, Lord knows Ive learnt how to manage my finances now and will try my best never to fall behind again. Glad to have this chapter behind me.

Over the years I've racked up tens of thousands of penalties and charges which also accrue interest separately to the mortgage. the Lender is now asking for me to set up an arrangement to pay these back, however I am disputing some of them. The lender has threatened to go to court to demand the whole payment, so I am a bit worried. Are these charges payable on demand? they have refused to add them to the mortgage.

Any advice on what to do now?

Oh I'd love to see them try! :lol:

I wouldn't be paying any charges, and disputing all of them.

Name and shame the lender.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

List the penalty and charge reasons too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you caro and renegaeimp for your responses, I guess the first thing to do is to get a list of the charges, they are over 25k, Ive had various lenders (my mortgage kept getting transferred), it is now managed by Engage credit, but they are not the lender.

Challenge the charges with them. If they deny it's up to them then ask who you need to contact.

Unless you have all the info, I suggest you send a SAR.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.