Money paid into wrong account advice needed

seachan1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can someone help me. Because I gave out the wrong account number to a supplier a payment pf £850 was transferred into the wrong account. The people who were paying me tried to get the payment reversed by Santander who have responded that they have tried to get in touch with the recipient but can't. They now say there is nothing more they can do. Does anyone have any experience or understanding of what I can do next?

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

From May 2014

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/banking/2014/04/sent-money-to-the-wrong-bank-account-youll-soon-get-more-help-getting-it-back

What does the code say?

It's the first time banks have agreed a common process to recover money sent to wrong accounts. Here is what customers can expect:

When a customer tells their bank or building society they have made a mistake, it will take action within two working days.

If a bank can't reclaim funds straight away – for instance, if the recipient disputes its return – it will investigate and customers will be told the outcome within 20 days.

If funds can't be recovered, customers will be given clear and accurate information on the options available to them, which includes taking court action against the recipient.

Banks and building societies will make sure their websites, apps and phone services are designed to reduce the risk of a customer making a mistake. This might involve extra warnings or asking customers to input details twice.

The Payments Council says it will monitor how the new code works to see if further changes are needed.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ever been left frustrated when an online banking transfer goes wrong? Now banks can raid accounts to get back cash you sent by accident

HSBC, First Direct and Nationwide can now haul back money that has allegedly been paid into an account by mistake

Other banks expected to follow

Tens of millions of pounds accidentally vanish into strangers’ bank accounts during attempts to transfer money electronically every year

Banks will be able to raid a customer’s account to claw back cash paid in by accident in a ground-breaking move that is set to end the misery of missing payments.

HSBC, sister bank First Direct and Nationwide have become the first big names to rewrite their terms and conditions so they can haul back money that allegedly has been paid into an account by mistake.

This happens when someone using online banking either mistyped or is given the wrong account number into which to pay funds. As a result, the money ends up in the account of another customer.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-2784068/Banks-raid-accounts-cash-sent-accident.html#ixzz3jqUa03lS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Lets hope you are successful in receiving your money.

BCOBS

I stand corrected... Well I hope you get this sorted,.

I don't think all banks have signed up to this, fk.. so it might still be hit n miss.

BCOBS