Shop Direct and Late Payment fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I'm currently trying to get all of my finances sorted out

had a few catalogues which resulted in me building up late payment fees.

Sorry if I'm really dim but looking at the debts on my credit file I see that I've been charged almost £300.00 in late payment fees alone.

I'm not trying to dodge these but trying to understand should I be paying these or should it only be the default balance itself that was passed to debt collection agencies?

Thanks

Matt

Any late payment fees are penalties and should be reclaimed or ignored if they won't refund them.

Which tin pot powerless DCA is attempting to con you with this?

Only ever pay the OC direct, ignore the DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It's Lowell.

I've been paying the past few months because I've been so stressed out with it all

I just wanted them off my back.

Checked a few other debts on my file and they show the correct default balance i.e. Next for example shows that the original default balance was £90.00 and as I've been making payments shows it going down to £40.00

however every Shop Direct account I have shows my due balances increasing rather than decreasing?

Oh god not lowlifes!!!

Delusions of grandeur with these clowns....

What paper work, if any, have you got regarding these accounts?

Can you list exactly what cats you have, who is chasing for payments, and amount owing.

As for shop direct, if the amount is increasing then it sounds like they haven't terminated the agreement and are still adding interest and fees.

Have you received default notices, and termination notices for any of these agreements?

What does your credit file say?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Oh god not lowlifes!!!

Delusions of grandeur with these clowns....

What paper work, if any, have you got regarding these accounts?

Can you list exactly what cats you have, who is chasing for payments, and amount owing.

As for shop direct, if the amount is increasing then it sounds like they haven't terminated the agreement and are still adding interest and fees.

Have you received default notices, and termination notices for any of these agreements?

What does your credit file say?

I have 3 accounts with Lowell each from Shop Direct.

1. Default Balance - £654, Current Balance £696

2. Default Balance - £624, Current Balance £680

3. Default Balance - £70, Current Balance £147

I received letter from them a long time ago stating that they had terminated the agreements and were passing them to Lowell to manage. I just assumed I had to pay the full balances?

All I received from Lowell was an overall balance, there was no break down of charges.

My credit file shows all of the above - this is where I'm taking my info from.

Then IMO STOP paying!

If the agreements have been terminated then they cannot add any interest or charges as the agreement no longer exists which says they can do this.

You're on your way to being cash cowed here.

If you have the default notices (DN) for each of the accounts what are the dates by which they tell you you need to remedy them by before they are terminated?

And how have you got three separate accounts with shop direct? Sounds like irresponsible lending to me?

One would've been with KandCo, one with Littlewoods and one with Very. I think I've been the irresponsible one. I have nothing from them anymore, I stupidly got rid of the old letters when I set up payment plans thinking I was doing the right thing.

No you're not the irresponsible one at all, believe me.

It might be worth your while sending off a SAR for each of the accounts then if you've not got the paperwork for them?

It costs £10 for each SAR, but it will get you everything they have on you regarding the accounts, and you can then see

what charges they have added and the interest they have charged on them, and go about reclaiming them under the hardship rules.

Ignore that silly letter. Theyre bluffing. Do as Mike just said and wait for the reply.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have they kept the accounts separate or have they rolled them all together?

If they're chasing them as separate accounts then one CCA for each, costs £1 each CCA and send a blank postal order for the stat fee.

CCA request is in the library (green wording at the top)

However when did you take these out?

Pre or post 2007?

As for their hilarious pre-legal missive, you can ignore that, although lowlifes are somewhat litigious,

you can quite easily dissuade them with a little knowledge.

They were after 2007. They're separated each one. Am I wrong to have sent them emails disputing the charges? I made out as though I knew the exact default amount and that as the balances were actually increasing and not decreasing that there was surely interest or additional charges being sent. I was very clear and concise?

No not at all wrong.

If they're all after 2007 then the CCA's a re more than likely compliant, especially if you took them out on line?

Emails or writing is the best way to deal with them, as you have a paper trail of evidence.

Did they respond to your dispute?

I think a SAR for each account would be the best way to go and see what they have added in the way of charges and interest.

As for the accounts increasing, then it is clear they are cash cowing you, and you should drop the payments down to £1 a month

as opposed to stopping paying all together, that way then, they will be incredibly foolish to even try legal action against you,

as any judge would see that you are trying to pay, but they are still adding fees/charges and are therefore deliberately

making it impossible to reduce the debt, least of all pay any of it off.

One sar to shop direct

A CCA request to lowlifes for each debt

Sep envelopes..

Sheriff's officer..my foot!!!

You do realise a dca is not a bailiff!!

Stay off that phone!!

Ruddy fleecers¡

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have now also sent me a pre-legal assessment letter i.e. advising they may approach a Sherrif Court officer to reclaim the debt as I have missed one payment?

I bet the letter does not say the above???

Just your interpretation of the words if but might could instructed???

Utter bowlarks BTW!!!

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...