Illegal Phone Recording?

seamark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nothing was signed. T&C's were not mentioned on the call. I received an invoice for the first two times I paid for the service, but none after I verbally said I did not want to proceed with the service. I received a phone call a year later (after refusing verbally to carry on with the service) saying that there was an outstanding invoice to be paid. I denied this and then they play a recording of me saying yes. This recording was probably from the first or second time I agreed, but I know it was not from the 3rd time when I refused to carry on with the service.

I'd certainly be calling them up on it, if they're prepared to commit fraud then they're most definitely not

a company that should be doing business.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

B2B contracts can be formed by a verbal agreement, even where the terms are not expressly known by one of the parties. The recording of this doesnt make a difference to the validity or otherwise of this contract. However, the company will not be taking legal action where they have lied about the date of calls as that can be easily proven by telephone records and you can demand to see their relevant records as evidence if it goes that far. the rerality is they are hoping that you will pay up and grumble rather than not pay up.