help with noise nuisance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hya all

i am hoping some one will be able to give me some advice

i bought my house 8 years ago behind a morrisons store

everything was fine was told noise was kept to a minimum and that was fine

about a year after moving in then the trouble started

deliveries early hours from 10 at night untill 6 in the morning

banging of trolleys wagons reversing even laughing and joking from the warehouse staff 7

years we have been complaining to morrisons and council

eventually 3 week ago we had a noise monitor fitted off the council and are waiting on the results

my daughter has just started secondary school and this is an important time for her

but she is been woken at least 4 times a week and

the situation is now that my daughter sleeps in the bedroom with the wife while i sleep in my daughters room

well sleep is the wrong word i have had 2 strokes and the situation is realy putting me at my witts end

i have looked on the internet for solicitors who are willing to take my case on a no win no fee basis

but without any luck.hope anyone can help thanx in advance martin

I don't think you would get anywhere going to court and no Solicitor would take it on a no win no fee basis. There are loads of supermarkets around the country near residential properties and Morrisons would fight it.

Your best bet is to speak to neighbours about this and as a group complain to Morrisons head office. Perhap they can put in some infrastructure to limit the noise. There are materials that can be used to absorb noise and to stop it carrying. It probably would not cost Morrisons too much to make a few changes that would make a difference. Hopefully the noise monitoring will assist with making Morrisons take action.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanx for the prompt reply i have spoken to neighbours about it and they are the same i have found out that most have experienced problems with noise and 1 elderly neighbour stated that when morrisons applied for planning permission she attended the council meeting and the residents was assured off no unreasonable noise as the loading bay will be on the far side but they put it in the back off our street instead for some reason i am trying to find the original drawings from the local council thanx for the advice... martin

thanx for the prompt reply i have spoken to neighbours about it and they are the same i have found out that most have experienced problems with noise and 1 elderly neighbour stated that when morrisons applied for planning permission she attended the council meeting and the residents was assured off no unreasonable noise as the loading bay will be on the far side but they put it in the back off our street instead for some reason i am trying to find the original drawings from the local council thanx for the advice... martin

Get some comments from neighbours you can write down. Put together a letter and get the neighbours to add their names/addresses. Then Morrisons can see that it is more than one person.

Locally there was a planning issue and some people got together an action group with an internet site, posters put on lamposts around the area etc. The planned changes did not go ahead. It also helped that a major landowner and someone very well connected also objected, causing the investors in the development to pull out.

Sometimes the voices of many can be more powerful than any actions by one person. Embarrass Morrisons to take reasonable actions.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread