Mental Health won't provide care in nearer area and bullying nurse

alpo287
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partners mental health community team/people won't transfer her care to the area we live in because when she first came to their attention we were registered with a GP in the area covered by them, we have not been with that GP for over 3 years or more yet still they won't assign her care to the area we live in. This has been ongoing for ages now and they just keep saying 'We'll have to look at swapping you over' and then nothing happens.

They are telling her to attend appointments to get medication and to see doctors half way across the city which is difficult with kids and by using public transport. One of the 'nurses' has a very bullying and condescending attitude and seems to enjoy putting down my partner and belittling her. On a few occasions she's said things like 'You need to get a grip' 'This is life do you think I can just go to bed when I have to work? I'm tired too'. The nurse also gets infuriated if my partner misses an appointment or forgets about it and threatens her with social services. The nurses also make comments about things in our home when they come to visit and tell us to move furniture around to how they think it should look etc. I am sick of their condescending attitude.

But anyway, I would like to know who do I go to to request her care be transferred from one side of the city to the other immediately? Because it's been 3 years or more now how long can this 'process' possibly take? Surely all they have to do is transfer some paperwork across?

My partners mental health community team/people won't transfer her care to the area we live in because when she first came to their attention we were registered with a GP in the area covered by them, we have not been with that GP for over 3 years or more yet still they won't assign her care to the area we live in. This has been ongoing for ages now and they just keep saying 'We'll have to look at swapping you over' and then nothing happens.

They are telling her to attend appointments to get medication and to see doctors half way across the city which is difficult with kids and by using public transport. One of the 'nurses' has a very bullying and condescending attitude and seems to enjoy putting down my partner and belittling her. On a few occasions she's said things like 'You need to get a grip' 'This is life do you think I can just go to bed when I have to work? I'm tired too'. The nurse also gets infuriated if my partner misses an appointment or forgets about it and threatens her with social services. The nurses also make comments about things in our home when they come to visit and tell us to move furniture around to how they think it should look etc. I am sick of their condescending attitude.

But anyway, I would like to know who do I go to to request her care be transferred from one side of the city to the other immediately? Because it's been 3 years or more now how long can this 'process' possibly take? Surely all they have to do is transfer some paperwork across?

Ask your current GP to refer you to the correct team for your current area.