Shambolic Disciplinary hearing - advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Aside from the obvious less than 2 years service issue, there is also the fact that while you may think it is a "his word against mine" case the harsh reality is that you will be surprised how quickly and readily his "colleagues" will give a witness statement to say they have witnessed warnings etc. Its not fair and its not just but you'd be foolish to think it doesn't happen in reality. Then it becomes his word against several others which is a different scenario altogether.

Some of the allegations should be able to be proven or disproven quite easily. For example, the internet usage one is a cut and dried issue in most companies as the vast majority record the internet history of their employees and, unless you have IT administrator rights, you can't even delete the browsing history on your PC. If they do record the usage then they will have all the evidence they need - and it doesn't matter if someone else in the office was doing the same thing, that isn't a defence.

Hi All. Turns out that it was a culmination of things over the last few months and they have in fact been very lenient with him. They are having a mutual parting of ways with pay in lieu of notice and a good reference. Thankfully I went in there open minded and listened to what they wanted to say and I am glad I did. He is now in a lot of trouble! Thanks for all your advice and helping put a good perspective on this.

Ahh it's annoying when they fall off their pedestal! Seems like a decent outcome all things considered.

Appreciate the update! Hope the next job goes better.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Very annoying! I am just glad I did not go in gung ho! I would have looked a right fool! :(

That is always the problem when you represent somebody else. You tend to get a very one-sided perspective - understandably

Sounds like you have helped him make the best of a bad situation and here's hoping that the next job works out to be more suitable

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

That is always the problem when you represent somebody else. You tend to get a very one-sided perspective - understandably

Sounds like you have helped him make the best of a bad situation and here's hoping that the next job works out to be more suitable

Hopefully this will be a very hard lesson learned for him. Thankfully his boss was good enough to go easy on the plonker. Thanks for all your advice 😃