style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The story you quote is from 2013, this is now the middle of 2015 - how come you haven't directly contacted them again to let them know where you are in all that time. Part of the blame on this must lie with you ignoring things and hoping they will go away.

Okay, When I informed them that they were over paying they were communicating with me over email. They got back to me over email with regards to all the details including the last day of my work and they stopped.

I have trail of emails showing that.

It is not that difficult in modern era just to try email that too when I have previously responded . when we know we don't live there ( staff accomodation ). Common knowledge dictates that their is email, phone and postal address to try for. No emails received although I used same email address to communicate to them, lacking sense to even thank for reporting it myself. ( Sign of arrogance )

Next point is pay roll may not have right address, which is true but medical staffing can get through professional links.

I am sorry just because somebody comes to verdict it is not fair to say blame goes to me and only me.

I never declined or refused to pay that is all I am saying and there are various ways to obtain latest address if they lack common sense to contact over email.

thank you,

Having worked extensively in payroll departements for the NHS I can say that if email communication stopped on their part you should have chased them every so often - this is common sense (as you state in your reply).

Medical staffing use exactly the same system as payroll, it is usually called ESR (Electronic Staff Record) and the address they would have is the same as payroll. They do NOT have access to any other way of getting your latest address, your address is not part of the system that shows if you are a registered health professional, your address is not part of the system which shows if you are a registered doctor or nurse. Medical Staffing do not have access to tax records, nor any other DSS or DWP records nor the addresses held on those systems.

I am not judging you - just the situation as you present it = you are trying to build a case against the NHS Trust based on their poor monitoring process. As I have said on this thread they do NOT have access to other addresses where you may or may not be living, it is only the address you gave them at the time of leaving, if it was staff accommodation you should have let them know your new address. They cannot link addresses from other NHS staff systems if you move around the country.

I won't be commenting further on this thread as clearly any input I have is seen as biased by yourself and will only reinforce your stance.

Having worked extensively in payroll departements for the NHS I can say that if email communication stopped on their part you should have chased them every so often - this is common sense (as you state in your reply).

Sure, which is why I am saying they could have communicated over email to check and take it further that is all I am saying.

Thank you,

Good to know that you worked in payroll for NHS, by the way could you please let me know if payroll makes an error on their part what will be my role ( I didnt accept the loan, did'nt ask for it least interested in money which is not mine so always willing pay back. Does same norms as Creditor/debtor applies although either of them did not have agreed transaction.

Culture of Bullying/harrassment in these trusts were high and I was bullied and harassed too and was'nt in my honeymoon . No wonder they needed CQC after patient complaints to deal with those issues when staff within were bullied and harassed when we were reporting it to them in 2012.

Correct me if I am wrong - online error in trasaction to wrong person is really person's fault ( have seen this in several news websites )

Your role should have been to return the payment to the originator - that would have been the honest, direct and most straightforward thing to have done and would have stopped this in its tracks -especially as the overpayment was obviously far more then you would have normally expected to receive. Clearly you did not do this.

Payroll would then have passed the case onto the relevant department to deal with, and you would have been offered the chance to repay the debt - you yourself state that you had email contact with them.

Again, I am taking a step back from this as my input seems only to irritate you further.

Yes, there is/are/have been incorrect cultures of bullying in the NHS but that has little bearing on why you did not immediately offer to return the overpayment to the hospital concerned.

Payment error happened from their side and just because we don't give updated address it doesnt mean that they can't use email to get that information.

I have worked for that many trusts and do you expect me to keep updating my address to every single trust from the past. Is that feasible.

I have never declined to pay it back. Hope that helps.

Common sense dictates if I had done it to others, I would first thank them and then inform that we will be in touch with to discuss about having it returned.

There were none. They stopped and passed directly on to barts credit department. Whom should I pay , how should I pay no knowledge of it. This could have been done over email too through which I communicated and informed them.

@ Silly girl - Error happened from their side in payment why blame me for not keeping them my address updated as I can't keep updating every single trust I worked for in the past.

How often do doctors keep moving ( tell me this since you seem to work in pay roll ) - stop defending payroll and attacking honesty and integrity. Address changes but not emails ?

Doctors can change addresses as often as they want - it is part of their professional practice development to move hospitals every three months.

I am not attacking honesty and integrity - and again you are missing the point.

For this to come to the sum of £13000 (unless you have made a typing error) it is a massive overpayment. Common sense (as you like saying) should have made you repay this.

I was over payed by 6000 pounds , I have no idea that interest rates and court fee and others has reached 13000.

Other thing is that you made a point that bullying and harassment is small issue --hope you have watched news about careers destroyed , health affected to point of breakdown.

I am one among those . It took while to return back to normal -

These nhs trust needed enough patient complaints for CQC to come out with damning report while people within the trust were silenced with harassment and bullying.

As the bailiff has contacted you and can't get payment then there would be an attachment of earnings, where a percentage of the money will be taken directly from your pay - and you would also have a monthly fee taken by the hospital to help administer this.

At this stage you could be called into HR to explain why this has happened, particularly as you have a professsional status - and you could find yourself up against a disciplinary panel looking into your conduct in the matter.

I hope you have kept the original money safe and have it to repay, that is an awful lot of money to be overpaid. If you had been on my payroll system we would have picked up on this very quickly, but then the internal checking systems are different for each hospital.

Moderators, please could Emmzzi or somebody else help out here - I can't do anything further and the OP is making it difficult to offer advice and help.

Either the £6,000 was made in one payment, or you were continually paid on the wrong payscale for a period of time. I have to admit even with my limited knowledge of Bart's problems this seems a highly unusual amount to be overpaid. Without knowing what payscale you were on in 2012 and what payscale you should have been on I can't offer any more constructive advice.

Thank you for informing about this. I spoke to BMA with regards to recent concerns and they are on the ball. I told them clearly I want to declare it to them.

With the hospital , it was my own hospital consultant who was nice and took message from them to realise that those notifications were sent to wrong addresses , also forwarded email to show them my conduct was right in informing the trust that they were overpayment issues and even the court order had hospital accomodation address ( where I lived 3 years ago) as of yesterday. I could'nt beleive this.

Thank you for informing about this. I spoke to BMA with regards to recent concerns and they are on the ball. I told them clearly I want to declare it to them.

With the hospital , it was my own hospital consultant who was nice and took message from them to realise that those notifications were sent to wrong addresses , also forwarded email to show them my conduct was right in informing the trust that they were overpayment issues and even the court order had hospital accomodation address ( where I lived 3 years ago) as of yesterday. I could'nt beleive this.

It was 2000 pounds every month for 3 months and by this period I informed that they were overpaying.

This is clearly fault on both parties. However it does not solve the issue of returning NHS funds.

If you knew the payments were in error, you should have returned them, or at the very least retained them in an account for the reclaim when accounting caught up. I too have worked for NHS professionals in fraud recovery.

I suggest you seek a variation order to repay the funds over a period of time.

Be thankful they did not launch a criminal investigation with a charge of unlawfully retaining credit (theft act).

We are all happy to offer advice and guidance but it is down to the op to digest and take action.

This is the trouble with arrogance of power to see things in the way they want to see. Law exists to maintain fairness and justice not for prejudices or victimise or to even to be used by people with money - current issue with barts if you have worked in that trust not only my knowledge but others too. Many good professors, doctors, staff members have left.

This is clearly fault on both parties. However it does not solve the issue of returning NHS funds.

If you knew the payments were in error, you should have returned them, or at the very least retained them in an account for the reclaim when accounting caught up. I too have worked for NHS professionals in fraud recovery.

I have money in account which is 6000 pounds , they are asking me to pay 13000 pounds which doesnt make sense. Also whom , how should I pay ? absolutely no details with me . You can have hundreds of laws by twisting and turning facts.

Thanks for all your information and advise.

Good luck. Carry on saying its fault of both - it would have been fault of mine if I either declined to pay or even act as if I supress the information to pay back which I didnt do. It was me who informed them what was happening.

Questions have been asked but no responses have been forthcoming. At present this thread has nothing to do with Enforcement Agents/Bailiffs. You have been given suggestions as to how to progress but seem unable to to do so. In the meantime I will close this thread as it is going nowhere.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They've removed what they said, do we want it posted back up?

Dear All,

Thank you for all support and input. Just keeping posted that Barts waited until obtaining court order before passing latest address to bailiffs to threaten and harass ex employee s. They also confirmed that they could have had obtained latest address to send me details before going to court or even sent details through email through which I communicated to them but did'nt.

My solicitor had look into all the evidence and he was happy to say norms were not followed.

Therefore misleading ministry of justice.

Edited by Unfair system
Will update with further details as it is getting interesting

please click on the triangle, bottom of post, to have the threads re-opened when you have any worthwhile updates

threads merged

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks