CCJ still showing although property sold and debt written off

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had major debts with NatWest / NWHL during the property downturn.

Natwest Bank obtained a CCJ over our property (strictly speaking it was a Registration of interest as the debt was in my name but the property was in joint names with my wife). The property was mortgaged to NWHL.

The property was sold approx 3 years ago, with a mortgage shortfall, so the CCJ was then meaningless. Still owed substantial amounts to NatWest Bank and NWHL.

In April NatWest and NWHL agreed to write off the total debt and have marked my credit file as partially settled, which is fine. However, the CCJ is still showing - is this correct or should they have removed that ?

Second question - when companies make credit searches do they only see/look at current situation or do they see history also?

If they wrote off the debt, you should have demanded the entire entry was removed. Not just marked partially settled.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well, that was in the wording of the offer to write it off - I don't have a real problem with that.

The actual entry of the PS debt is not in the current section - it is in the History - hence the second part of my question.