Letter received from Barclays

Matt.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following on the thread of dealing with dads debts.

Dad had an egg card which barclays are dealing with. This letter turned up today...a little unsure though of what it means if anyone can assist please

A seperate unsigned undated egg credit agreement has been sent also

Apols the JPG files are two small the PDF files work

***admin is it possible to remove JPGS ? *****

Edited by Matt.

Christ another Get out of debt free postie. Shut your account down or dont use their site, Itll get you into trouble!

Where did you find out you needed the Deed Of Assignment?

You need to stop this now! You are in a good situation and using that stuff from their site is going to cost your dearly.

Can we have some info on the account please?

If they have been unable to provide a CCA then its possibly not enforceable in court. Depends when the card was taken out.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I am dealing on behalf of my father, not myself..

I used the CCA provided on this site ? I do not post on any other site apart from this one...This is the original thread which I have broken down into different companies

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?404253-Dealing-with-my-fathers-debt

From memory it was taken around 2003 may of been earlier.

Well they said they don't have the agreement so they can't enforce until they find it. If they ever do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Stop paying immediately. They said they cannot enforce the CCA so do not pay a single penny until they can. The default on your file has already long gone, so leave them to it.

If they can produce the original CCA in the future, THEN start repayments. Right now, you are just wasting money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Matt,

Although BC say THEY cannot take enforcement action, they can sell the a/c on to a DCA who may continue to make demands. However, with the statement from BC that they can't enforce, it's unlikely a DCA will take this to court.

Stopping payments will affect the CRA files but that's unavoidable.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 months later...

They can't once it's dropped off the CRF it's gone never to return, well unless they wish to pay you compo for defamation.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Matt,

Hi there,

Granted that they can resell on, how could this affect my fathers credit file ? The debts stretch back to 2008 so once off the file I can not see how they can re-add it to a credit file and start the default again ?

Thanks

Matt

I didn't see you mention a date for when the a/c went into arrears or was defaulted. If that happened in 2008, the a/c should no longer show on the CRA files.

The debt won't be Statute Barred until just over 6 years from the last payment but what I said above about enforceability stands.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Many Thanks,

I will check "checkmyfile" as im sure one of the DCA reapplied this when they took the debt over.

Im a little nervous about stopping paying them due to the amount owed in total and the added fact that we have a joint mortgage together....granted that he doesnt live here im still a little nervous until me and my wife remortgage in our own names...that wont be to long so it should be ok though.

Many Thanks,

I will check "checkmyfile" as im sure one of the DCA reapplied this when they took the debt over.

Im a little nervous about stopping paying them due to the amount owed in total and the added fact that we have a joint mortgage together....granted that he doesnt live here im still a little nervous until me and my wife remortgage in our own names...that wont be to long so it should be ok though.

They wont be able to start reporting to the credit reference agencies if the default has passed its 6th birthday. If your credit file is ok and you are able to remortgage in your own names, then you should be quite safe for your Father to either drop the repayments or cease them all together. But perhaps wait until you have remortgaged for peace of mind.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D