EON and pre-payment meter from 2013

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Any advice really appreciated.

I moved into a flat in June 2013 with a prepayment meter.

I told EON and they sent me a new keycard.

I used the card to top up at local newsagents every time I needed electricity.

I moved out the flat in June 2014 after a 12 month tenancy.

All good with the landlord, agent, council tax, etc.

Now July 2015 I've had a snotty phone call from EON saying I owe them £250 in unpaid electricity.

I've checked my online account with them from my time in that flat, and sure enough if shows unpaid £250.

I'm minded to tell them to go forth and prosper but am worried there might be comeback on me?

Thanks.

Ed

too late

they can only back bill 12mts,

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good morning brighton333,

The back billing may apply, but this would need to be looked in to and investigated by the pre-payment guys.

The best thing to do is to speak to them, we need to establish first, why there's a balance on this account, it may be meter reads, missing payments etc. It may be that we have tried to send a final bill, but we didn't have your forwarding address.

It does need to be looked at first though.

I hope it's sorted out quickly for you.

Helena

Has to be an error with Eon's billing system, AGAIN!, or possibly another ''admin error''?.

I fail to see how you could have drummed up a £250 debt if you were on a key card with a pre payment meter?

Either way if you are going to entertain them, then it should be in writing ONLY, don't discuss this over the phone

with them, unless you can record your calls? All you'll end up with is their 'word' which holds as much water as a bucket with a hole in.

And going by the quality of their recent phone jockey and the 'snotty' call, you can only expect the same.

The back billing code still applies regardless, nice try! If there's any investigating to be done, then it is within their own department.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!