Equifax/Barclaycard entries over from 2006 still showing & errors

imogen_hun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear friends,

I have checked my Equifax and Callcredit report’s in the last few days

as I know I have some pretty bad looking marks relating to a Barclaycard I had a good number of years ago,

I have learnt from the error of my past and have had a clean credit file for the past 5 or so years.

The Barclaycard was not managed well by me (I moved address in 2008 after graduating,

got a new job and got married all simultaneously and did not inform Barclaycard during this busy period until 2010),

although I never defaulted just had a large number of late payments,

I am really upset about not being more proactive at the time as now I would like to get a mortgage and this is really holding me back.

My main issue today is that Equifax are showing inaccurate Barclaycard data going back to 2006, and I only want it to show the most recent 6 years (going back to 2009).

To get a better understanding of what actually happened I will explain my Callcredit/Noddle report first as they have reported the Barclaycard entries correctly:

dnGXAqU.jpg

Jan – Jun 2009:

To explain, I fell behind on payments in Jan 2009 & lots of fees were added by Barclaycard until June 2009 when they took money

(minimum payment amount) from my Barclays current account to offset against the Barclaycard balance hence, a green mark in June 2009.

Jul 2009– Mar 2010:

Then as they added interest and more fees (from Jul –Mar 2010) this pushed me over my credit limit again

until March 2010 when they again took money from my Barclays current account to pay the full balance on my Barclaycard.

Apr 2010 – Mar 2012:

I assume they kept the account open until March 2012 which is why I have a number of green payments for this period.

Equifax Report:

Right now my concern is my Equifax report. This shows a number of errors for Barclaycard, and frustratingly they are also showing inaccurate data going back to 2006:

QXp1ip2.jpg

I only really want the most recent 6 years showing (from June 2009 onwards)

as I don’t see why they should be holding data on record which is way older than 6 years.

As they have recorded the payment markers incorrectly, if the report would show only the most recent 6 years

then I wouldn’t have any late payment markers showing which is what I am hoping to do

however, in reality it should show like the Noddle report with late payment markers in 2009/2010.

I would like to find a way of asking Equifax to update my Barclaycard records to only show the most recent 6 years (green markers from 2009 as above)

without worrying about Barclaycard reporting the correct dates (late markers) to Equifax and Equifax amending their report.

Is there any way I can do this?

Do Barclaycard still have the authority to ask Equifax to change the data even though it was so long ago, or do Barclaycard have to report it within a certain timeframe?

Is there any way I can ask for the whole record to be removed due to the incorrect

entries/dates?

Should I approach Equifax or Barclaycard as I would like to try and get this done as soon as possible as I have seen a house I would like to buy?

I apologise for the long post but its the only way I could explain it due to the complications, any help is really greatly appreciated x

Imogen

pencil.pngpencil.png

CRAs now display the 6 years of account history before it was settled for 6 years from that settlement date. So can be 12 years of data. Presumably that has been OKd by the ICO.

Barclays can correct anything wrong in that data though, so complain to them.

Thanks for that information Windsock. It's so disappointing to know that I settled the account in 2012 yet bad data can be shown until 2018 and all the way back to 2006, I would have been better off defaulting in 2010 (which is when I cleared off all balances and never used the card again) at least then it would come off in 2016.

I really thought that as the months go by each marker drops off, it's shocking to know that they can keep showing 6 years before the settlement date.

As barclaycard have reported the dates wrong to equifax, is their any statute that says I can ask for the whole record to be removed?

Also, is it possible for barclaycard to give the correct dates of the late payments to barclaycard

bearing in mind they have not reported anything to equifax since 2010,

hence would make it worse for me as the missed payment dates are more recent than is actually shown on the equifax report?

I am concerned that if I push for the removal with barclaycard they will cotton on the to fact that they have the late payment markers further back

then they should be and then move them forward.

the markers are not important and anyone looking or more importantly will not see them

when doing a 'credit check'

if the summary information of the card, [not the 'calendar events below'] , does not show 'late payment' as the account status

like where it shows say the defaulted date etc if there were to be one

then no-one will see the account history so it should not present you with an issue.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...