Halifax Credit Card Punitive charges and interest increase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a Halifax Credit Card for a couple of years now and always made necessary repayments with no problems.

I make slightly more than the minimum payment with direct bank transfer.

However in May I overlooked that the minimum payment had gone up by £9.00 due to a purchase I had made. So my payment was short by a few quid for that month but I didn't realize this until I got a letter in the post yesterday informing me I had failed in my contractual obligations and they have therefore levied a £12.- late payment fee and removed the promotional interest rate which cannot be re-instated even if I pay them the missing few quid.

Now I have a higher interest rate on the card.

Is such a measurement not punitive ? As it cannot reflect any administration costs or the cost for the letter they had to send me, that should be covered by the £12.- ?

If you have never had an issue with them before on this card, then you can ask them to refund the penalty fee and reinstate the interest rate they have removed off you.

It will have all been done by computer so you need to get a human being to intervene and override this, if they still use them??

But TBH, I would look at voting with your feet, pay it off and throw the card back at them, they're not interested in customers satisfaction, we're just numbers and profit too them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As bazooka says ,if its the first time, phone them ,explain and request refund of charge and to be placed back on promo rate

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.