son in law dies after a vasectomy

lottiesnan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can help. My daughters husband had a vasectomy 2 weeks ago today..

All went well on the day. He was fit as a fiddle.

Two days ago he was complaining of stomach pain sickness and Diarrhea. also he hands and feet were numb and he was a strange purple colour. This was on the Wednesday at 11 am and my daughter phoned the gp who said it was a gastric flu...She said she wasn't happy and could he make a house call whereupon she was tod they don't do house calls. In the space of time it took to get her 3 year old from nursery and get back some 20 minutes her husband was dead ..She tried cpr and the paramedics tried but he was gone.

There will be a post mortem but the coroner thought it was probably a massive bacterial infection from the vasectomy which turned into septis and it killed him in less than 4 hours.. The day before he had been fit and healthy at work..

we will know for sure on Monday

My daughter has lost her best friend and is beyond grief they had 7 children and they have lost their dad.

were are in complete shock don't know what to do next....will my daughter be able to sue and get some help for her and the children...They have lost the main breadwinner :( more importantly will we get answers

thanks in advance for any advise give

hi

sorry for your loss.

see what the coroners report is then on monday.

then, consult a medical negligence solicitor. they sometimes do free initial consultations. see what they say.

Awful situation and condolences to those involved.

Get proper legal advice ASAP and don't leave it to later. They may recommend getting another expert medical opinion on the cause of death, if the official post mortem does not clearly identify any clear link to an issue with the NHS operation.

All operations risk infections and the NHS Hospital will no doubt say that all necessary measures were taken to minimise risk. They will probably argue that because the death occurred 2 weeks later with no sign of infection in between, that the infection happened later when it was not within their control, so are not liable. I am not a medical or legal expert, but from reading about such cases, I anticipate that liability may not be easy to establish.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread