Proof of stopping in box junction - how does council prove this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has a LA PCN for stopping in a box junction which she doesnt think she did . She followed the link to the online info that shows 4 pictures of the car all off the box apart from one where she is half into it. So how do the council decide if you were stopped in the box or passing over it?

Thanks for any help

Sam

Are they from a video

Ask to. See the moving footage

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My wife has a LA PCN for stopping in a box junction which she doesnt think she did . She followed the link to the online info that shows 4 pictures of the car all off the box apart from one where she is half into it. So how do the council decide if you were stopped in the box or passing over it?

Thanks for any help

Sam

Quite simply the answer to the question is they look at the video and observe if the vehicle is moving or not, its not rocket science!

...so we have 4 pictures but no video....link page to pictures sais click the link to see video but no link anywhere?....we have emailed this to Wandsworth Council so will update what happens!

...so we have 4 pictures but no video....link page to pictures sais click the link to see video but no link anywhere?....we have emailed this to Wandsworth Council so will update what happens!

You might not have video but the Council will have and until the adjudication stage they have no obligation to make it available for moving traffic offences.

• 1 month later...

The pictures show it is likely my wife is correct in what she claims,

but I dont see how the council can pursue this without showing us the video.

I suspect this offence didnt happen and the council are trying it on as

we also have heard nothing at all back from them after asking to see the video some 5 weeks ago.

Is there cut off point in time where they cannot pursue this further if we dont hear more from?.

Then and I can enquire to see if they sent this to us but there was no offence, so make a complaint against the Council?

many thanks

Sam

• 4 weeks later...

As far as i am aware you have to make sure the exit from the box junction is clear before you move into it, not just the box junction itself, unless turning right.

The thing to remember is that this is simply a moving violation, the same as jumping red light and flashed. If the vehicle stopped at any point before leaving the boxed junction you are toast

I agree, chased up through an appeal or Marstons will be knocking on your door

I had a run in with Camden Council with a Boxed Junction simply because i stopped to let an ambulance cross in front of me. There excuse was i should not have stopped as they were professional drivers and i committed the violation. The ticket was eventually cancelled after i threatened them with the national press

you are entitled to see the video that the stills have come from - end of!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That's quite a sweeping statement. Just because he hasn't posted here doesn't mean he has done nothing.

The pictures show it is likely my wife is correct in what she claims,

but I dont see how the council can pursue this without showing us the video.

I suspect this offence didnt happen and the council are trying it on as

we also have heard nothing at all back from them after asking to see the video some 5 weeks ago.

Is there cut off point in time where they cannot pursue this further if we dont hear more from?.

Then and I can enquire to see if they sent this to us but there was no offence, so make a complaint against the Council?

many thanks

Sam

any ideas?

It's a hugely sweeping statement, but it may be true.

I had a run in with Camden Council with a Boxed Junction simply because i stopped to let an ambulance cross in front of me. There excuse was i should not have stopped as they were professional drivers and i committed the violation. The ticket was eventually cancelled after i threatened them with the national press

You should still have gone to the papers.

You should still have gone to the papers.

Yesterday I had an ambulance driver get annoyed at me for not jumping a red light.

I moved right over, and so did the car on the left lane, but he refused to go through.

The lights changed so I floored it though the light and moved over,

ambulance driver decided to blast his siren as he passed me eventually.

Annoyed me enough I was going to hold down the horn while behind him, but thought better of it. I have it on my dash cam.

afaik, going through a red for emergency vehicles may not technically be justifiable. i remember reading something about that in some info i posted elsewhere. doubt though that they wld pursue someone for such.