Hire Purchase Agreement Options?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have a friend (female) who is in a bad relationship and wants very much to walk away from it. Unfortunately, as a single mother of 2 young children, she struggles financially. Last year when her car became to uneconomic to repair, her partner pursuaded her to take on a HPA for a new car. All the legal side of things are in her name, but he pays the monthly installaments. She feels like this HPA is a huge anchor keeping her in a relationships that she hates. She cannot afford the monthly payments on her own, and is desperate to find out if there is anything she can do.

I know nothing about HPA contracts, but i did know about a great forum to ask.

I have attached 2 photos of the front page of the HPA, 1 is a close up.

Can anyone please advise if their is any way out of this that isnt going to cost a lot? or, is she essentially stuck with this contact and monthly commitment?

You need to covert your uploads to PDF MR G...too small to read in jpeg.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Just re upload them...attachments unapproved.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Leave it alone....he is paying...she enjoys the car....if he decides to stop payment she has a problem.

Andy

I need more than that. The moment this relationship ends, he stops paying.

She needs to know what is the least expensive way out of this? Can anybody advise any way of terminating this agreement that does not result in a £4000 fee

voluntary termination.

if the car is in good nick all that will be required to be paid will be the stated 50% mark.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX says you can VT at any stage but must do so using s99/100 cca 1974

At the moment you have paid approx £1550 inc the deposit

and would need to pay approx £2550 post termination ( which you can agree to pay by instalments)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.