Wedding photographer refusing to refund ANY money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

After some advice (as are most people here I guess!)

We paid in full for the services of a photographer for our wedding, in August 2015. Due to personal circumstances we've cancelled the whole day, therefore we don't need a photographer any more!

I called (and emailed) her to inform her of the cancellation, only to be told she "couldn't take that much of a loss, Ill give you 100% of your money back if I get another booking on that day"

So in other words she's keeping all £800 we gave her! a £200 deposit was agreed to secure the date, there is no mention of this being 'non-refundable'

We didn't sign a contract, however we received the following in writing after paying the deposit'

'Deposit for wedding photography to be taken at venueX, on date X. To include all photographs & Album X.

Total £200 bank transfer, received with thanks"

How can we get her money back? We were more than willing to forfeit the £200 even though there was no non-refundable statement, but we cant just throw £800 away :(

Many thanks

Rich

Write to them a letter before action stating that you require the money back in the next 7 days

Other wise you will issue court proceeding

It is a simple process that can be done online

And should see results

If you obtain a ccj against them you can pass it on for enforcement through hceo or bailiffs

• Confused 1

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I have receipts for both,

The strange thing is we actually only booker her ourselves a few weeks ago! She had a cancellation for the same date we wanted.

She has nothing anywhere to state cancellation timescales and non-refundable amounts, does that count for anything?