style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am going to tell you of my problem with the marston group

How they can be allowed to get away with wot they do is crazy .

Firstly they operate a 0845 phone number which costs a fortune they don't pick up

For ages most times I've called it's 7mins on hold till I get a agent then they are so rude,

But wot I want to complain about is there online payment system

two times I have used this and both times It says my payment had failed but the money is taken from my bank

and put in holding account because they said I made mistake in information I gave ,

I then have to wait over Severn days for money to be returned to my account

But I still have to make the payment again.

I spoke to my bank and they said it should only be a mistake if I put in wrong details,

and how cum they can still take money if a so called mistake is made, I fell they operate in a very dubious way,

I have never heard of any company's taking money from account if a mistake is made

if you make mistake they usually tell u so you can amend it,

I don't think the payment should go from account so the bank is at fault as well,

if you do have any dealings with this outrageous Company,

pay the money into their bank over the counter.

Something must be done to stop these company's having 0845 numbers to reach them

they are makein a fourtune from these phonelines

they say they hav over 1000 staff so why dos it take so long to answer phone

I've spent nearly 20pounds trying to speak to them .:sad:

so what are you actually paying off to them...ctax?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did you not contest the case or grovel to pay before it went to court?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There's no harm in reporting this through the Action Fraud website, though the prospects of any investigation taking place is minimal and relies on allegations by other victims. Perhaps others who have been affected similarly should do the same.

It states the following on its website:

If you know anyone else who believes they have been a victim of fraud who wants to report the incident please ask them to complete the online report found at www.actionfraud.police.uk, or phone the contact centre on 0300 123 2040.

Sorry, I do not agree. The payment process is putting your funds into hold. I get the inconvenience however although it happened to me, you just have to deal with it.

Lets talk about this fine... You want to pay yes?

A thousand staff, most of those are field agents... And probably 20 admin staff in the contact centre.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I am going to tell you of my problem with the marston group

How they can be allowed to get away with wot they do is crazy .

Firstly they operate a 0845 phone number which costs a fortune they don't pick up

For ages most times I've called it's 7mins on hold till I get a agent then they are so rude,

But wot I want to complain about is there online payment system

two times I have used this and both times It says my payment had failed but the money is taken from my bank

and put in holding account because they said I made mistake in information I gave ,

I then have to wait over Severn days for money to be returned to my account

But I still have to make the payment again.

I spoke to my bank and they said it should only be a mistake if I put in wrong details,

and how cum they can still take money if a so called mistake is made, I fell they operate in a very dubious way,

I have never heard of any company's taking money from account if a mistake is made

if you make mistake they usually tell u so you can amend it,

I don't think the payment should go from account so the bank is at fault as well,

if you do have any dealings with this outrageous Company,

pay the money into their bank over the counter.

Something must be done to stop these company's having 0845 numbers to reach them

they are makein a fourtune from these phonelines

they say they hav over 1000 staff so why dos it take so long to answer phone

I've spent nearly 20pounds trying to speak to them .:sad:

On the matter of the phone number....the sad fact is that almost all enforcement companies have an 0845 number. Even doctors surgeries and DVLA have either 0845 or 0300 lines and a huge number of government agencies have these premium rate numbers. You may be surprised to know that many companies/organisations do not make a lot of money from these numbers.....but the phone providers do !!! I would almost guarantee that the huge cost to you has been because you have called the company from a mobile phone (as opposed to a landline). If calling from a landline, you would have been charged approx 3p per minute. It is not Marston's that are ripping you off. It is your mobile phone provider.

Personally, I would not make payment over the counter at a bank as this method of payment takes longer than an online payment to register with the company.

Have you made a Formal Complaint in writing (by email) to the company. If not, you should do asap.

On the matter of the phone number....the sad fact is that almost all enforcement companies have an 0845 number. Even doctors surgeries and DVLA have either 0845 or 0300 lines and a huge number of government agencies have these premium rate numbers. You may be surprised to know that many companies/organisations do not make a lot of money from these numbers.....but the phone providers do !!! I would almost guarantee that the huge cost to you has been because you have called the company from a mobile phone (as opposed to a landline). If calling from a landline, you would have been charged approx 3p per minute. It is not Marston's that are ripping you off. It is your mobile phone provider.

Personally, I would not make payment over the counter at a bank as this method of payment takes longer than an online payment to register with the company.

Have you made a Formal Complaint in writing (by email) to the company. If not, you should do asap.

Bailiff is right... So Standing Order it with their details and account reference.

That way they wont raid your account.It happens with PDL comps.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Bailiff is right... So Standing Order it with their details and account reference.

That way they wont raid your account.It happens with PDL comps.

No quite so simple I'm afraid. Just since Friday evening I have received 3 queries from debtors complaining that the bailiff companies refuse to allow the debtor to set up standing orders. Worryingly, the queries relate to 3 different companies !!!! I intend taking this up with the Ministry of Justice in the morning as this type of enquiry is becoming worrying.

Really?

Im surprised at that! Why would that be? Surely they cant limit the way that the customer wishes to pay?

Think about it, you cant really recall a standing order can you?

But Direct Debit and card payments you can dispute.... Doesnt make any sense. Keep me posted on this.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Really?

Im surprised at that! Why would that be? Surely they cant limit the way that the customer wishes to pay?

Think about it, you cant really recall a standing order can you?

But Direct Debit and card payments you can dispute.... Doesnt make any sense. Keep me posted on this.

Thank you for your interest and I will keep you updated.

One enquiry yesterday that was very worrying was from a lady who has severe dyslexia and she was worried because the bailiff had visited and an repayment proposal was agreed but the bailiff insisted that she has to call the bailiff each week to make payment. She asked whether she can set up a standing order as she was worried as she has problems reading the phone numbers to call his mobile. Standing Order was refused. You are right, a payment method must not be refused and this reminds me that this should a discussion for the revised National Standards for Enforcement Agents.

Thank you for your interest and I will keep you updated.

One enquiry yesterday that was very worrying was from a lady who has severe dyslexia and she was worried because the bailiff had visited and an repayment proposal was agreed but the bailiff insisted that she has to call the bailiff each week to make payment. She asked whether she can set up a standing order as she was worried as she has problems reading the phone numbers to call his mobile. Standing Order was refused. You are right, a payment method must not be refused and this reminds me that this should a discussion for the revised National Standards for Enforcement Agents.

Thats what i thought, Do collection guidelines come into this? I assume Marston are regulated by the FCA, they deal with financial stuff so technically they should be...

Drop me a PM when you hear back.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So if an EA company refuses payment, then this should be recorded and payment made directly with the organisation it is owed to e.g courts.

Normally it is part of the contract agreed with the creditors as to what range of payment options have to be offered. I would have thought the Courts would have required Marstons to have offered payment by standing order. Of course Marstons might not like it for reasons of controlling the payment process, but they are there to.act for the client in line with the contract agreed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Okay well lets see if this might be your fourth. I would get the original poster to comment if they made this enquiry, what would they get?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Not quite right BA. 03 numbers cost no more than 01 or 02 numbers, and must count towards any inclusive minutes from a landline or a mobile. However, revenue sharing isn't allowed on 03 numbers, so no business using them, bailiff, doctors surgery or anything else would get a share of the cost of the call. Premium rate numbers start with 09 and are used largely for lines like phoning for a horoscope or chat lines.

0845 numbers cost between 5 and 40p from mobiles, though an app such as WeQ4U downloaded to a mobile will mean you can call 0845 numbers from within your inclusive minutes by diverting it through an 03 number.

That doesn't solve the OP's problem entirely, but at least should help with the phone calls.

Say no to 0870 if your not massively technical lol

No. They don't have a number for Marstons (unless you want some good beer!)

The app I stated can be used for ALL 0845 numbers, so is quite handy - I'm sure there are others which do the same thing as well.

That's strange as I looked prior to your post and saw 6 entries oh well

:-D:-D:-D

I think you must have looked under a different name. Like any computer search, it's only as good as what is put in. Marstons, Marstons Bailiffs, Marstons Enforcement don't bring anything up, but something else might.

If there are numbers listed, then there are even more choice for avoiding the charges which can only be good for debtors.

Searching on saynoto0870 you will get varying results depending on what you search for. Remember the name is Marston not Marstons and using the correct name gives you approx 10 entries whereas using the wrong one gives you the Pubco.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Searching on saynoto0870 you will get varying results depending on what you search for. Remember the name is Marston not Marstons and using the correct name gives you approx 10 entries whereas using the wrong one gives you the Pubco.

These mobile phone providers must be making an absolute fortune from people phoning these popular numbers and yet the companies that offer these numbers only receive a fraction of the charges. At one time we had an 0906 number but ceased that service due to the cost to the debtor as almost everyone contacting us did so from a mobile phone and all that we received was 21p per minute.