DBS in progress, but I am moving address.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last month I applied to be a volunteer for a charity. They asked me for a standard DBS, which they will pay for, and it will be sent to my address. I have registered with the online DBS tracking system and it is still halfway through. In the meantime I am moving and I won't be able to receive the printed copy of the DBS.

How can I inform the authorities involved that I am moving and would that invalidate my DBS?

Thanks.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Last month I applied to be a volunteer for a charity. They asked me for a standard DBS, which they will pay for, and it will be sent to my address. I have registered with the online DBS tracking system and it is still halfway through. In the meantime I am moving and I won't be able to receive the printed copy of the DBS.

How can I inform the authorities involved that I am moving and would that invalidate my DBS?

Thanks.

3 options :

A) try and amend your application by contacting the DBS to include your new address

B) submit a new application with your new and previous addresses

C) set up a mail forward : this will ensure the DBS with your old address reaches you. Send yourself a letter to your old address, then show this (and the DBS) to the charity - showing you have moved and have a mail forward in place.

• 1 month later...
You should try to get your mail redirected to your new address.

If you have registered online you should be able to update your personal details.

Eventually I phone them and given them my new address. The lady on the phone said it should be ok. The issue now is that it's 8 weeks and my DBS is still stuck at checking police records.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"