Bailiff has clamped car for unpaid Bus Lane PCN warrant.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we had a visit from a bailiff the other day and he clamped the car outside.

the warrant was for driving in a bus lane!

The offence was not committed by me.

I would like to know the new laws and the new powers that the bailiff have.

The bailiff had clamped the car and put a levy letter through the letter box.

my partner sat in the car and said she was not getting out of the car as she said she had written to the council to appeal.

The bailiff called the police and they turned up.

The bailiff showed them a piece of paper with this

68 (1) A person is guilty of an offence if he intentionally obstructs a person lawfully acting as an enforcement agent.

(2) A person is guilty of an offence if he intentionally interferes with controlled goods without lawful excuse.

(3) A person guilty of an offence under this paragraph is liable on summary conviction to—

(a) imprisonment for a term not exceeding 51 weeks, or

(b) a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale, or

© both.

(4) In relation to an offence committed before the commencement of section 281(5) of the Criminal Justice Act 2003 (c. 44),

the reference in sub-paragraph (3)(a) to 51 weeks is to be read as a reference to 6 months.

Does this power above apply to both county court and magistrate court?

as this is only a county court warrant.

would someone get arrested for refusing to get out of the car when the state that this was a peaceful action.

The bailiff refused to take part payment of half and half later.

but I know that this bailiff had a hidden agenda as his brother had been to our house many years ago

and was forceful and charging fees that were incorrect and lost out on all his fees when we complained to TFL.

We know this because after we sorted out the payments to the bailiff

he then asked what happened with his bother all them years ago!

as if he didn't know!

Moved to bailiff forums

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

We had a visit from a bailiff the other day and he clamped the car outside. the warrant was for driving in a bus lane! The offence was not committed by me.

I would like to know the new laws and the new powers that the bailiff have.

The bailiff had clamped the car and put a levy letter through the letter box. my partner sat in the car and said she was not getting out of the car as she said she had written to the council to appeal.

The bailiff refused to take part payment of half and half later. but I know that this bailiff had a hidden agenda as his brother had been to our house many years ago and was forceful and charging fees that was incorrect and lost out on all his fees when we complained to TFL. We know this because after we sorted out the payments to the bailiff he then asked what happened with his bother all them years ago!

as if he didn't know!

The reference to Section 68 (of Schedule 12 of the Tribunal Courts & Enforcement Act 2007 is correct and came into effect when the new bailiff regulations became law on 6th April 2014. Sadly, since that time there have been a number of arrests and some prosecutions.

Turning back to the PCN. Can you confirm whether the car that was clamped was in your name or your partners?

Was the debt that was being enforced by the bailiffs against you or your partner?

You stated that you partner appealed the PCN. Do you know whether she appeal within the strict time limit on the Notice to Owner?

Was payment made to the bailiff and if so, how much did you pay?