Housing & Council Tax calculation, Income - Averaging of amounts

Whatnot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, help please,

I took a job last July, i had been unemployed for 18ths, all good you would think, except DWP keep decreasing the amount of support they give, on Housing and Council Tax Benefit.

The problem being at three month intervals i get 5 weeks pay, but HB have been taking my monthly figures diving by 2 and setting my income as correct for calculation purposes.

End of March i had my P60 i averaged out my pay, (39 weeks) or 9 months apx £136 pw, currently they are assessing me on £171 pw.

So 21st April i wrote them to reasses my claim, - they replied saying i owe them money and are going to stop me xx amounts until it is repaid, further that if i continue with my claim i will owe them even more...

I quoted The Decision Makers Guide at 15452, and directed them to "Identifying a recognisable cycle" 15453 example1: regular cycle of of three weeks ( months) thus average earning of xxx

DWP say that if i want to continue with claim i need evidence, today work have printed a calendar of monthly fluctuation in pay in regard to Number of paid weeks in our pay cycle.

Q) Does anyone think i should carry on or am i loosing a battle here?

Thanks in advance.

Whatnot..