style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for a bit of advice please , long story short if i can .

Thought wrongly i was due small business rate relief on my unit as was told i was on previous unit 2 doors away but moved to new unit same sq footage etc .

council took me to court

the usual scenario

r&r were sent round

i raher than deal with r&r phoned council and was told that i had to apply for small business tax relief again .

i owed part of last yrs and this making nearly £2500 my account was put on hold until my application was dealt with

and i recieved full sbtr so owe nothing other than the £85 court costs which i will pay to council later today

and r&r's charges =£400 odd inc £85 court costs

so my question is where do i stand on paying r&r's this back

as i am being hounded 2-3 times on my home and mobile a day by bailiff concerned

i have had the £70 letter and 2 visits to my work address which he hasn't levied on anything

as i am not there most of the time do i just pay him and be done?

Many many thanks in advance .

tell the council what he is doing

if you didn't actually owe the money through their 'mistake'

then get them to call R&R off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No, he does owe the money. It wasn't the councils mistake dx, the op didn't apply for his rate relief. It took the bailiffs calling to make the op look into rate relief. The figure were then adjusted correctly.

The figures are outstanding and do need to be paid.

The council have told him already, if I have read the op's comments correctly, that he need to pay court costs and fees.

No, he does owe the money. It wasn't the councils mistake dx, the op didn't apply for his rate relief. It took the bailiffs calling to make the op look into rate relief. The figure were then adjusted correctly.

The figures are outstanding and do need to be paid.

The council have told him already, if I have read the op's comments correctly, that he need to pay court costs and fees.

I would tend to agree. The other point as well is that when the bailiff visited, there was a debt of £2,500 and the visit prompted the Small Business Rate Application to be submitted which led to that huge debt almost being wiped out.