Egg Credit Card and years of paying apex DCA.

Tucker26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so please move the thread if not okay.

Around 2006 after losing my job, I had difficulty meeting the payments on my Egg card. I paid them monthly out of my savings but when they ran out I could no longer pay.

After defaulting on the account it was passed to a debt collector who settled for payments of £5 a month. They used to hassle me and ring constantly and also tried to demand more money each month.

These were taken over by Apex Credit Management who seemed to do everything by the book. They send me regular statements, check my financial position every six months and make sure I can afford the payments, which are now £30.

This debt is no longer on my Credit file, so is not affecting my status.

What I need to know is: if I stop paying this each month, what will happen?

I have received some great advice on here regarding other debts, so don't really want to continue to pay Apex if there is something I have missed.

What should I have done when the debt was passed over?

Thank you

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Tucker,

Do you have statements to show if you suffered penalty charges when you started having trouble paying. If there are any such older penalties, they could be reclaimed with significant amounts of compound restitutionary interest.

PPI on the a/c could also be reclaimed.

Let us know if you ever sent a CCA request as DX has asked.

Basically, if you stop paying now, Apex can continue to take collection activity for 6 years from whenever you last paid toward the debt.

This could include court action if there is a compliant credit agreement although this may not be available given the age of the a/c.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Tucker,

Do you have statements to show if you suffered penalty charges when you started having trouble paying. If there are any such older penalties, they could be reclaimed with significant amounts of compound restitutionary interest.

PPI on the a/c could also be reclaimed.

Let us know if you ever sent a CCA request as DX has asked.

Basically, if you stop paying now, Apex can continue to take collection activity for 6 years from whenever you last paid toward the debt.

This could include court action if there is a compliant credit agreement although this may not be available given the age of the a/c.

I don't have statements, this was an online account and I can't access it anymore.

There wasn't PPI but there were charges, although I don't know how much.

Who do I request CCA from?

The only way to get the data about penalty charges is to send a SAR with £10 - the letter is in our Library under Data Protection.

There's no guarantee that you'll get data beyond 6 years old so, at this stage, I'd wait to see what Apex produce in response to the CCA request.

It could be that Apex have trouble getting the old credit agreement and, without it, they may not be able to take enforcement action.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)