Birmingham Midshires

JULI99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Got All My Others Nicely Underway And Am Now Starting Out On Another Quest.

Got Charged Erc On My Mortgage But The Total Written Down Was Including A Thing Called A Vacation Fee, Only About £80 But Wondered Could I Get It Back.

Every Little Helps

Juli99

Hi Juli

Someone on this site got their £150 vacating fee back. Funny how that fee is a different amount. Thought it would be the same for everyone. Probably the fee is in stages depending on how much the mortgage is.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Juli

Someone on this site got their £150 vacating fee back. Funny how that fee is a different amount. Thought it would be the same for everyone. Probably the fee is in stages depending on how much the mortgage is.

Uk

Or knowing the way these charges are worked out could be your account no divided by your door no!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Julie

Try and claim it is my advice. Someone did get their vacating fee back recently.

Here is the link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/34495-mortgage-charges-vacating-fee.html?highlight=vacating+fee

Good luck

Uk...

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 3 weeks later...

Recieved reply from my prelim letter from BM. Seems pretty standard but last paragraph states I have reached the end of their internal complaints procedure and do not feel that further correspondence with me on this matter will help resolve the complaint. Do you think I need to do an LBA or go straight to MCOL.

Will copy letter out fully on Monday.

JULI99

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being away for so long, got disconnected from the internet for reasons unknown to anyone on 21st December and have been battling to get back on line ever since. Router still not up and running.

Recieved back letter in reply to my LBA saying that they had already said everything they had to say in previous letter.

Going to get everything up to date and then off to court we go.

Juli99

Juli99, Shovey, BM are renowned for not providing information. Their systems were assessed and upgraded when they were taken over by the Halifax. This massively increased their ability to manage existing accounts, apply charges and foreclose on those they didn't consider profiitable. You need to state clearly and specifically the information you have requested from them. You may then show the Court that the requested information has not been forthcoming.

Most importantly, you will be able to show 'concealement' should they try to use the S5. Limitation Act as a defence. Charges against mortgages go way back, and S32 covers concealement with respect to discovery.

Have you made a Subject Access Request with them? Be very specific with the information you are requesting. BM deny they have microphiche records - but have later released them. These records are held in a 'structured' format and therefore must be disclosed upon request. I have previously posted a SAR specifically for info they have refused for mortgages. Their systems have a 'notes' facility, which you are also entitled to, as you are the data subject.

I'll try dig my post out as my own letter is specific to my case.

Tip: Request all information (request EVERYTHING), then point out information they have failed to provide (the Court can order disclosure of this if you bring their failure to provide it to the Courts attention either by Letter Before Action, Allocation Questionaire, Court Bundle.

Tide

• 1 month later...

BM are still holding out with me, but I have proceeded with caution as I have a fairly big claim. If it's any consolation, I have them banged to rights in several areas and they know it. They are therefore playing the legal / waiting game which the Courts are getting fed up with.