Marstons - foot in door - levied on good - unpaid 2010 train fine of daughters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I need some advice please.

My daughter who resides with me received a train fare fine around 2010,

she was arrested by warrant officer early December and taken to court for order to pay

WHICH SHE FAILED TO DO!. She is 24

Marstons have called at my door once before

they arrived today with a warrant to take goods

I opened door would not let them in

they both placed their foot in the door so I could not shut it, they said as I opened the door they could enter.

The 'fine' currently stands at £569,

I phoned the police who attended but were just there to keep the peace.

We could not get the money together so they entered my properrty and tried to take my

settee

television

vases

lights

mirrors etc

all my property but I have no receipts for them.

I managed to get £250 for them

they said they will call tomorrow for the rest

if I did not have it they would take MY property

and if I failed to open the door they would get a locksmith.

The problem we are having is we cant get the rest of the money together

what can I do?

she owes the money yes

buts its my property

please help me

Do you know if they were wearing video cameras? Did they get you to sign anything?

Did anyone witness any of this?

Please would you email me on our admin email address with your contact details and the reference number on any document that they left you.

Do you know if they were wearing video cameras? Did they get you to sign anything?

Did anyone witness any of this?

Hi I have just spoke to my daughter she said she signed a receipt but she thinks it was for the money she paid, she is out now but will check what she signed (as they gave her a copy) when she gets home,

They were wearing video cameras but switched of when one of my daughters come down the stairs, I Heard the bailiff saying switching of as a minor is present I corrected her and told her my daughter was in fact 25! she said she could not film because she was wearing pjs.

Present at the property was me my partner my 2 daughters and 2 police officers were present. I will e maill admin now Thanks

By tomorrow they will be saying you owe more money than the £569 - £250 = £319 as I suspect they will have added at least another £110 to the bill. Before Marstons came did they ever send your daughter a Notice of Enforcement to say she had to contact them by a certain date? Would I be correct in my thinking that the only goods your daughter owns are a few personal effects & her clothes - does she have her own room which I assume will be sparsely furnished? The Bailiff may only seize the goods of the debtor, in this case I would believe they are being pedantic hoping the pressure they trying to bear will give results - which has partially worked so far. I find what they have done so far to be out of order and suggest in conjunction with anything else you make an official complaint about their conduct.

For your own goods it would seem you are going to have to swear a Statutory Declaration as to ownership. This quite a simple process and may be witnessed at most solicitors or Commissioner for Oaths - expect to pay some £5 - £10 for each notarised copy. I also assume you have had strong words with your daughter.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi silsal,

Having strong words with your daughter is just being judgemental... CAG is here to help!

I am wondering since you have already paid £250, whether the remaining balance can be paid by instalments?

By tomorrow they will be saying you owe more money than the £569 - £250 = £319 as I suspect they will have added at least another £110 to the bill. Before Marstons came did they ever send your daughter a Notice of Enforcement to say she had to contact them by a certain date? Would I be correct in my thinking that the only goods your daughter owns are a few personal effects & her clothes - does she have her own room which I assume will be sparsely furnished? The Bailiff may only seize the goods of the debtor, in this case I would believe they are being pedantic hoping the pressure they trying to bear will give results - which has partially worked so far. I find what they have done so far to be out of order and suggest in conjunction with anything else you make an official complaint about their conduct.

For your own goods it would seem you are going to have to swear a Statutory Declaration as to ownership. This quite a simple process and may be witnessed at most solicitors or Commissioner for Oaths - expect to pay some £5 - £10 for each notarised copy. I also assume you have had strong words with your daughter.

My daughter swears she never received a notice of enforcement but they claim they sent it. She does not have her own room she shares with her younger sister, They entered all rooms including my bedroom even looking in cupboards in my room. The only room they did not enter was my eldest daughters room as they said because she was vulnerable (she has cerebral palsy).

They were adamant they were going to take my furniture because its reasonable to assume that my daughter owned the furniture. The police agreed with them!. My daughter has no valuables at all, she has been away in the Philippines on a volunteer programme and any valuables she has she sold to fund her trip. How on earth they can reasonably assume that my daughter bought a corner sofa ets is beyond me, they even threatened to take things like vases and ornaments. (that are probably worth 50p

edited to add I dont know how I am going to get a statutory demand before they return tomorrow

hi silsal,

Having strong words with your daughter is just being judgemental... CAG is here to help!

I am wondering since you have already paid £250, whether the remaining balance can be paid by instalments?

Hi and thankyou

they said they need payment in full now