style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have been helping one of employees out as he does not speak good English - and I have been in his position in the past. He has various debt which he is trying to resolve. One of these is council tax from several periods, at a previous property. One period had gone to DCA stage, a company called Ross and Roberts, the other part was threatening letters from Birmingham City Council. After trying to contact and reason with Ross and Roberts and failing due to awful tele clerks, I spoke to BCC and asked them to intervene. They worked out a repayment of 40.00 per week from the Ross and Roberts side, and 28.00 per week for the part still with Birmingham City Council. My employee paid both payments to Birmingham City Council, a total of 68.00 Per Week.

As Ross and Roberts were never paid direct, that side of the debt escalated and an enforcement fee was thrown onto the amount (which was only 400 pound approx to begin with) of an additional 275.00 Ross and Robert had written to my employee saying that he needed to pay them, but the amount owed was to BCC. He didnt undertand this correctly. As it had got to this stage, the process went to enforcement.

I contacted the Bailiff who stated that the minimum immediate payment would be 175.00 plus a payment plan. I contact them twice more to see if they can lower this to 100.00, but the ladty never called me back after she promised that she would.

Is there anything that can be done?

Rob

The employer is now having to pay nearly £300 per month against both accounts. During your discussion with Ross & Roberts were you able to ascertain whether or not they would be willing to agree with the ongoing monthly payment arrangement of £40 per week but that they require a one off immediate payment of £175 as well?

Just to complicate matters further, (I assume that both debts are in connection with Birmingham City Council)...if so, then Birmingham CC can intervene in this dispute given that BCC have outsourced their entire council tax collection dept to a private company by the name of Caapita Ltd. This company own two bailiff companies......Equita and Ross & Roberts. By a huge coincidence......both Equita and Ross & Roberts were able to win the contract with 'Birmingham CC' to be their preferred bailiff enforcement company !!!