Judge & Priestly (old MBNA debt) reconstituted agreement provided for court case

mowbli
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I think its 7 days notice for refunds.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Its important to use telephone......the reason I state this is that on most occasions they are unprepared and unscripted... by letter /email you give them time to consider and regroup.

I know its a daunting thought to talk to Solicitors...but they are only human (mostly):madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks for the clarification. I don't have a problem talking to solicitors but I know my friend will find it difficult, do you think they will talk to me? I know I may as well ask you for the lottery numbers whilst I'm at it!

If she gives permission first ...cant see a problem...state you are her McKenzie friend

One more question (sorry!)... what costs can the claimant add to the claim if successful? For example, they are currently claiming court costs of £410 and solicitors costs of £100... it would be helpful for me to know when negotiating in case they try it on...

Only their hearing fee to add to that plus the cost of the Tomlin £50.

I may be clutching at straws here but...

The inital POC states that the agreement was entered into on the 10/03/2006 but the date on the agreement is 25/02/2006 in their court pack, could it therefore be argued that the agreement they have provided is not the agreement referred to in their POC?

Given that this agreement was actually a Virgin Money card (probably owned by MBNA) should that have been anywhere on the agreement?

Further, the default date on the POC is different to the default date in the WS and on the DN

Finally - the account was assigend to PRA Group from Aktiv on 30th Dec, during the claim process. Should PRA Group still be entitled to the 8% interest that Aktiv were claiming back to 2012 when it was first assigned to them?

Sorry for all the questions!

Edited by mowbli
Posted to early!

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Two key questions I'm after input on are:

If the agreement provided in the claimants court bundle is dated differently to the agreement they have referred to on their POC and the DN they have provided in the court bundle is also dated differently to the default date on the POC, does anyone think these are grounds worth fighting in court for?

Alternatively, we're about to try and negotiate a Tomlin Order but before we do that, I want to satisfy myself that we are likely to lose if we go to a hearing...

Thanks

mowbli

do they state a 16 digit account number in the poc?

does that match

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no agreement number on the CCA but the one on the DN matches the POC.

It's a typical MBNA DN that referes to a non existent 'Paragraph 8' in the agreements terms.

I'm hoping to be able to argue that the CCA they have provided isn't the agreement related to this account as the date is different and the 'Paragraph 8' referred to in the DN doesn't exist in the CCA that they have provided.

mowbli

ah theres someone else with that too I think

it refers to 8.2 and that does not exist.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do you think that will invalidate the DN?

According to the transaction list they sent in their court bundle, the account appears to have been closed on the 16th July even though the DN gave until the 29th? I've attached the transaction list, do you think this is worth adding into the pot?