Arnold Clark - Fleeced in Deal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for some advice. I bought a car from Arnold Clark yesterday andthe signed vehicle order agreement. I am still awaiting to hear of approval hasbeen granted for the credit however on leaving sales room I am not happy with what’sin the agreement.

Initially I was quoted a price, £167 pm that included all their extras(warranty, service, road tax, fuel and mats and VIP insurance). I said no andthe deal was lowered to £157 pm. I left and went back the following day todiscuss. They then offered £146 pm but the VIP insurance was removed and the warrantyreduced to 1 year. The service agreement was still included. I was advised a costof £136 if all extras were removed. I was also told that I would maybe get thewarranty (FOC) if it was a deal breaker.

Anyways, long story short, they agreed to giving me the road tax (only £30p/a), the petrol and mats for free. We signed up. We didn’t actually get to seeanything though and did the electronic signature that they look for on thevehicle order agreement. Now looking at the agreement, I have paid the stickerprice (no discount at all), have no extras and have paid £30 road tax and £25for fuel (was initially £50 for fuel and mats). No mention of the mats. I feel like I have been done. Wherewas the £167 pm price initially from? Can I do anything? I thought I was makinga saving somewhere and do not even seem to be getting what was discussed (mats etc.).The agreement refers to Terms and conditions but none were attached. Can anyonehelp?

Thanks

If you are FORCED to buy a car from this outfit, do NOT take their service deal and I would be VERY wary about their warranty. It's one thing having a warranty but an entirely different kettle of fish getting repairs done. If it's an insurance based warranty, walk away as they are not worth the paper they are written on.

I think you can cancel, but they will try every trick in the book to make that sale.