Sent my mobile for repair and they broke it even more

scedminc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I sent my mobile phone to be repaired on a shop as I broke the screen. They did this but the home button then didn't work properly so I sent it back as they gave a 12 month guarantee.

Whilst they had it they completely broke it and said the home button will never work again. They sent me to another local store to if they could do anything but they couldn't.

They then said they would order me a new phone. This was now over a week ago and it still hasn't arrived. They keep telling me it should be on certain days but it never arrives.

I know for a fact I could buy a new phone and have it delivered next day as this is standard practice. Also I would be able to track the order in this day and age.

They have offered me a loan phone which is just a cheap thing that only makes and receive calls and nothing else.

I cannot even collect this as I work all day until late.

I am 8 months pregnant and really need a phone. I cannot ever get hold of the regional manager that is meant to be dealing with it as he never answers his phone and only replies to emails with his false promises.

Can you someone please advise on the best way forward. Can I just order my own new replacement and charge this back to them on the basis that they just keep providing false promises and I only have their word that one has been ordered.

Also I am tempted to seek compensation for my out of pocket expenses for the travelling and waiting around that they initially made me do plus all the time I have to spend trying to get hold of the manager and emails I've sent.

Any help and advise would be great.

Thank you

Yes, a few but I have one by email which says the following.

"I have spoken to the relevent departments and I have been assured the replacement phone will be at the store wednesday or thursday, I have a loan phone arriving at the branch tomorrow morning incase it arrives on thursday, I do apologise that it has taken us longer than expected but we wasn't able to order your phone from our usual supplier as it is gold in colour.

The branch will call me first thing after the delivery has been to see if its arrived, either way I will call you and let you know. I was unable ton answer your calls at the time as I was busy running a branch."

They didn't call me or anything I am left having to chase all the time. I did manage to get hold of the local store today and they confirmed it hasn't arrived and simply said it should be here tomorrow.

All I get is it should be which doesn't help.

Use email only, don't talk on the phone to them unless you are recording the call. It is legal to record the phone call and you do not have to tell them you are recording.

Easter weekend has got in the way, but email them and 'tell' them, (don't request), that your phone is there by next Friday or you will take further action.

Lets see what they respond with.

Write (email) to them and tell them that they have a fixed amount of time to provide you with a suitable replacement or you will purchase a like-for-like and sue them for the cost of doing so. As it is a chain store I would be copying the email to the CEO of the company (google "ceo email address finder" and you will normally get it) and I bet someone will take control of the matter.

Thanks for the info.

I had already given them a deadline after several false promises.

I advised them that I had borrowed a phone from a friend but it had to go back and said they should either provide the phone they keep promising or deliver to me a loan phone. They wont deliver me a loan phone as they expect me to go and get it but they know I cant due to work. I also have to collect the new phone from store as they wont have it delivered to me directly.

Their promise of Thursday at the latest was because I told them that I had to give the phone back.

I'll give it another go but I dont feel too helpful :(