• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Babs V HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NOOOOO it will be me I know it will - my own slot on the Richard & Judy Show sitting opposite the CEO of HSBC (caking myself) and then all over the SUN and the Daily Sleeze the next day :|

Just doing my MCOL this evening and feeling VERY apprehensive :eek:

Steve. :cool:

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WAHEY - I just multiplied my friends list by at least 10 fold - (I know-need to get out more :D )

THANK YOU guys (and gals) for ALL the support and encouragement - I'm quite honestly overwhelmed :oops: - I have done it, got my claim No now and my very own 'slot' at "Northampton County Court" and I'm now £120 worse off - BUT hopefully will be a WHOPPING £3,600 better off just in time for crimbo - watch this space :cool:

Love's you ALL

Steve x :p

• Haha 1

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi Bapsp2000,

It's Steve, umm, just a quickie - whats all this about sending a 'copy' of the schedule of charges to the bank and to the court ???

I sent one with my prelim and LBA to the bank, but couldn;t send one to the court cos the MCOL system wouldn't allow it !!

So do I now need to urgently send one direct to the court (Northampton same as your guys) and I asume quoting my case number, or do I wait for the bank to acknowledge and hopefully contact from D&G ????

Arrghhh - HELP !!!! ( I just know it will be ME that ends up at the 'Old Bailey' and on the Trevor McDonald show . . . (Richard & Judy are fully booked now LOL )

Steve x

Ok, thanks, will do that now, take it no need for a letter, just a one liner staing claim ref and saying 'please find attached schedule of charges as unable to submit within the online system' of someting similar ??

Hi Michael,

Thank you, that's really helpful.

Will post on tomorrow !!

Hi Zsazsa,

I DOUBT very much they will 'really' defend, it's a 'scare' tactic, they are 'hoping' you will panic and back down, remember they have big law firms and highly paid solicitors at their beck and call - and all it would do is lead to extra costs, loads of publicity and a risk that they may seriously loose and cause a change in the banking codes of conduct and laws - they make approx £3 BILLION a year in the UK alone, why ON EARTH would they risk jeapodising THAT ?????

Stick with it- they WILL pull out, possibly right at the very LAST minute, but there are 100's of blogs in here that say eaxactly that.

Anyway, good LUCK (we're ALL in it together)

Steve.

• Haha 1

Hi Baps,

Yep, very close, I filed my MCOL (served) on 21/11) 14days to acknowledge will be 5/12 then they get 28 days which will be 1/1/07 - waahhhhhh thats AFTER xmas - no toys for the kids again LOL

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: - umm a typo DEFINITELY

(can't imagine WOT I was thinking about, it's not that 'b' and 'p' are close on the keyboard - so can't use that excuse :D )

Oh well . . . back to work

Hi BABs LOL . . . phew . . :)

I know what you mean, my OH is convinced I'm spending hours chatting up girls in here . .ha, if only she new . . most of my 'win' will probably get spent on decorating, a weekend away, shopping trips etc etc . . . (which Mrs steve_n is already planning !! :(

steve x

Yes, sorry :oops: 14 days plus 14 = 28 in total from served date ! all calendar NOT working (as a lot seem to think)

Arrggghhhh - it's all getting to much, think I need a lie down :confused:

Hey baBs

What are you suggesting, Mrs steve_n would have me hung draw and well it's just not worth going there !

Anyway the good lady lent me the £125 I needed for the MCOL, so I ought to give back at least £130 LOL

Steve_n (Mr) x

Hi Jaynekul,

I would like to know about these as well, also like Bong, I've not heard of this - what are they for mate ?

Steve.

Hey Babs, (have to watch that typing LOL)

Got a papaer copy from the court today confirmimg that hSBC have acknowledged my claim, and guess what - the box saying the intend to fully defend is nciely ticked - eek

Would it be prudent of me to pre-empt them writing and asking for a breakdown of costs to beat them to it and send one to their Edgbaston address ?

Also it seems as the same person (Deborah D'Aubney) is dealing with - gosh she must be BUSY !!

Maybe I could send her an xmas card as well LOL

Steve x

Hi Babs,

Are you just going to send a copy of your schedule of charges with a 'brief' " Dear madam,

Please find my enc copy blah blah

Love Babs etc

??

Hi Babs,

Wel schedule sent to DG - recorded of course - more waiting now !! ;)

Have I missed out on something above - have you had a payment ?? :confused:

Steve :)

Hi Babs,

I didn't realise you were still at school :eek: LOL well I'm a day ahead of you now, Mr Postie has my letter to DG already :p

Steve xx

Hi Babs,

I KNOW - I was only teasing (but theoreticall you ARE still at school)

I have been 'off line' all weekend, I swapped by broadband over from BT to Talktalk on Friday, it diconected all ok, and so far has not reconnected - typical :mad:

So only have the work one at the mo !!:rolleyes:

Anyway, back to business, have you heard 'anything' yet, did you post off your letter to DG, mine went out on Friday ;)

Well, looking at Zsazsa all being well 'we' should hear 'something' this week (fingers, and anything else that I can 'crossed'

Also - I have 'man flu' :( - so am looking for LOTS of sympathy from DG LOL

Steve x

Good luck rundll

p.s. have you started your 'own' thread, if not, you need to, that way you can follow the progress easier, and it will help you to keep track of progress !!

and I'm refraining from tying knots in anything (yet) :D

Hi Clare :)

I've replied to you elsewhere as well, as far as joing in, why not - everyone seem to be in this thread, I expect the mods will sigh with despair though LOL

Good luck btw :D

Steve

Hi ALL,

No letters here either (unless Babs dog ate them) funny how the brown evolope ones (bills etc) ALWAYS get delivered VERY efficiently !!

I'ts killing, worse than sitting on death row (so I'm told) waiting for the postie to deliver, must be all those blinking xmas cards - why oh WHY didn't I start this back in the summer !!!

Steve

Hi All,

Being poor is certainly NOT fun, but also being rich is not a bed of roses and certainly does not guarantee happiness (so I'm told) :D

I guess there is always 'someone' worse off (I hope)

I don't care HOW busy they are - all I want is MY money back - don't they know I have 6 kids, 4 kats, 2 dogs a hamster and . . . . a WIFE who will go hungry this christmas . . . . . :mad:

babs - yes . . . the men in white coats are on there way to get me :eek:

Steve LOL

Hi markgreen,

You are highly unlikely to be required to appear in court, the bank will enter a defence on the claim - this bides them time (something they don't have much of at the moment with the sheer volume of all the claims)

They are also testing to see if you are being serious - many give up - the bank knows this !!!

Stick with it, try not to worry, even if the submit a defence, you will then have to submit whats known as a AQ (allocation questionaire) this is so the cort can decide which court to arrange the hearing at, it will cost you another £100, this is added to your claim, so you get it back - the bank will more than likely then either make an offer, or pay in full, daft really they could save the extra £100 + court fees if they just paid at the outset, but that's banks for you - however they will pay up, even if it's at the 23rd hour

Steve.

• Haha 1

yes it will ( I think) and also you need to explore in here as there are different rules that apply in Scotland (again I am sure I've read something in one of the threads)

If I find it I'll give you a pointer

Steve.