Feeling very let down.....Help needed please.

northy79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello on the 13/03/2015 a insured driver with Hastings insurance ran into the back of my vehicle whilst it was stationary at a set of traffic lights.Although myself and my pregnant partner were shocked and there was substantial damage to my vehicle and the 3rd party's i thought it best not to get too angry at the driver who had hit me as he was an elderly gent and could not say sorry enough.We exchanged details at the scene and that was that.

We both attended our local walk in centers and were told that we were both suffering with whiplash but on the up side our babies are fine. Later the next day i had a call from the 3rd party who advised me that he had told Hasting's insurance what had happened and he had admitted that the crash was solely his fault,would have very difficult to see how it could of been mine when i was stationary and he ran in the back of me.

I then involved a well known solicitor of the internet who arranged a inspection of my vehicle which was done a few days later and it was deemed a cat d total loss. Seven days ago i got a call from my solicitor who told me that Hastings had still not admitted liability for the accident but they were releasing a Cheque for vehicle damages which has still not arrived at my solicitors office as of today. I have a pregnant partner who is 25 weeks pregnant today i have to get her to hospital every other day for blood pressure checks as we are having twins.

I want to know why liability has still not been admitted or even how it has not when the Hastings driver ran in the back of myself. The Hasting driver is ringing me every few days to see if myself and my partner are ok and if his insurance company has sorted the claim as he seems to be a genuine bloke. But Hastings insurance are dragging there feet for some reason and i would like some advise on who i can complain about this too.

I am not currently not in a credit hire vehicle but i wish i had gone down that route as i have had no car now since the 13/03/2015 and i am running out of money to send my mrs to the hospital in a taxi. I will be holding Hastings insurance liable if anything happens to my babies as a result in them taking so long to do there job.

There driver hit me end of story.:mad2:Now is there anybody who can help me as my solicitor is about as much help as a wet lettuce as there is nothing they can do until a certain date and then that will involve taking Hastings to court. A much longer wait.:???:

Edited by citizenB
formatting for easier reading

the rep should see this tomorrow

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Hastings rep may not respond, as the person who has posted is not a customer of Hastings, but a third party.

My suggestion is to speak to your Solicitors. Tell them the problems of not having a car and about contacting Hastings to warn them that you will now have to obtain a hire car which will be at their expense. Hastings may prefer to arrange you a hire car themselves, as it would be cheaper than a credit hire arrangement.

The timescale for Hastings not dealing with the claim is not unusual. They just have a lot of claims to deal with at anyone time and someone just needs to make Hastings deal with it as a priority.

If your Solicitor is no good, why not speak to the driver who caused the accident. Make them aware of what is happening and get them to make an urgent complaint to Hastings.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi northy79,

Thank you for taking the time to post about the experience you have had. As unclebulgaria67 has mentioned we are limited in what we can discuss, however I would still like to offer assistance. Can you please send an email to help@hastingsdirect.com with your details and I will ask a member of our claims team to take a look at the file in question.

Many Thanks,

Jamie