rubbish ISA maturing letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

new to the site hope I'm not going to bore you.

received my ISA maturing letter, it talks of 5 options the last one "simply withdrwaw your cash close the account".

When you look for the option in the list to tick and put details of the account where you want the cash to go to, it does not exist, only now got 3 options non to close account.

So it says if options dont suit your needs phone this number, I phone select the closing account option, I'm asked have I considered other options etc. I ask to close the account, after many security details including Nat No, I'm asked for my phone banking pin, I don't use phone banking I will be registered and halifax will send me one, I dont bother because on the letter is a web site for maturing ISA's to give your maturing details, I go to the web site and guess what the option to close the account is not on there,

I complain and I'm given £40 and £5 for my distress and phone call, I'm told I will need to go into the branch with passport or driving licence and they will take my instructions, I don't have a local branch in my town.

I'm then told I will have to wait till it matures and then go on-line and do a transfer myself, so the letter that says I need to give you 5 days notice does not allow you to close the account and the web does not,... in my opinion the letter is purely based around investing back with Halifax if I was old and not thinking correctly I could be fooled into thinking the only options are to reinvest with Halifax, come on Halifax not good enough, very, very,very P***** O**