Mortgage Express Repossession

Tangomann
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

In October 2009 my Flat was repossessed by Mortage Express.

I saw the writing on the wall and left the country a month before, I am still abroad now.

I also had unsecured debts of circa 25k.

Those with CCJ's have now all fallen off my credit report.

I believe all the unsecured debts are now statute barred as its been well over 6 years since any payment or acknowledgement of debt.

Mortgage Express sold my property with a shortfall of around 70k.

My sister tried to buy the property at a higher price than it was eventually sold for,

she went for exchange of contracts and the vendor pulled out stating that it was because she was related to me.

I have heard nothing from Mortgage Express until they sent a letter and phone call to my parents last week,

I have not lived at that address for more than 15 years.

My parents stated I was not at that address and they did not know my whereabouts.

Is there any significance that they are starting to look for me know after nearly six years?

I have no assets anymore so they have nothing to recover,

however I did get married 2 years ago and my wife has 2 properties in her name,

I think that these will be safe from mortgage express?

Please advise as to what I should do

• 3 weeks later...

It is my understanding that mortgage debts can be pursued for up to 12 years - there is some agreement between the mortgage company and government that says if the company has not made any attempt to recoup the debt or made contact with the "debtor" for 6 years in respect of mortgage debt, then it should be written off.

I am not sure why your sister has been refused a mortgage because of you. Was she financially joined with you at some point ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB,

Thanks for the reply. My sister has never been financially linked to me, however we were both on the electoral role at the same address from 2003-2004.

She wasn't refused a mortgage, that was all in place, Mortgage Express refused to sell the property to her, eventually selling it to someone else for less than my sister had offered.

It was at exchange of contracts when MX pulled out of the sale. Survey had been completed, mortgage was in place and solicitors were instructed.

Amusingly, Mortgage Express stated to my sister that they couldn't sell to her as I may gain out of the sale financially as she was buying the property cheaply.

Yet they sold to someone else for even less ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I imagine they've started chasing before the debt is statute barred, although as citizen says, they can be 12 years.

It stinks that they sold it for less than your sister was offering, although I imagine that there would have been a shortfall anyway.

The library has a few letters covering various scenarios, like claiming back charges which may be an option, or a SAR to get all the info they have which should include information about how they marketed your property and got the best price - or not in this case.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?407-Mortgages-and-Secured-Loans

Take a read around and think about what you want to achieve, then come back with any more questions you may have.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387506-Mortgage-shortfalls-Lender-should-not-pursue-under-CML-policy-*Correct-at-Oct-2013*

I seriously suspect they are well out of time.

I would also suspect it is not mortgage express that are fter you but some fleeecer hoping to find a mug

say to say your are safe now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so oct 2009 sorry misread date was on small screen.

“From 11th February 2000 lenders who are members of The Council of Mortgage Lenders have agreed voluntarily that they will begin all recovery action for the shortfall within the first six years following the sale of a property in repossession. Anyone whose property was taken into possession and sold more than 6 yearslink3.gif ago, and who has not been contacted by their lender about recovering any outstanding debt will not now be asked to pay the shortfall”.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is anyone familiar with UKAR and their collection/chasing stratagies?

who are ukar?

are these the people chasing?

dx

and they

and they

who are ukar?

are these the people chasing?

dx

MEx was part of Bradford and Bingley so are also chasing shortfalls for them so not the usual DCAs.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

who exactly is the letter from please

and they

Not sure who the letter was from as it was sent to my parents address and my father put it straight into the bin. Contents were that they were looking to find me. A follow up phone call to my parents was from someone saying that they worked for mortgage express and were trying to find out my present whereabouts. No information was given to them.

then I'd say its NOT MEX nor UKAR

I'd say this is a fleecing DCA chasing you.

as the DCA would use the phase 'working for'

its one of their ruses to hide who they actually are

and ofcourse MeX doesn't exist anymore either.

so another mistake there.

and they

I'll just keep my head down for a while longer then. I'm not due back in the UK until November for an 8 week visit. That would be six years since possession and longer since any payment or acknowledgement of debt. I'll let the DCA's keep looking.

Thanks for the help its much appreciated