Sky Broadband and Sky Sports 5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can advise me here, as Retail isnt something I know much about.

Recently I did some sums and as we take BT Sports, and they let you pay your line rental a year in advance with a discount, I reckoned that as BT Sports would be free with their Broadband I would be cheaper terminating Sky Talk and Broadband by about £5.00 or so a month, and as well as that I would have more Broadband width (about 50% more).

This morning I got a letter from Sky telling me that as I had backed out of an 18 month contract for their Broadband within the minimum term of 18 months I was due to pay them £54.00 to cover their loss. My problem initially was that for the life of me I couldnt remember signing up for a minimum 18 month deal other than when I went to Sky, which was ages ago now. A bit of research online however pointed me in the right direction. In August last year any time I was watching Sky Sports (which we take) there was a nag on the screen to "activate Sky Sports 5" by pressing the red button - at the same time you agree to take their Broadband for 18 months. But no sig., no sign of any t&cs (other than 18 months - I THINK this was mentioned) The only indication of my agreement was pressing the red button. Can they do this?

The other thing I might mention is that I am so ****ed off with Sky that I might just terminate TV as well. This would probably mean going back to Virgin, who are about as bad. BT TV is crap unless you are into stuff like Netflix. I might just try telling them that I am off unless they cancel the demand for the fifty quid. Any thoughts?