think the garage are up to something.....

missy1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if the below is a bit long winded but need to put everything in for you to get the full picture.......

My boyf is a taxi driver and his Galaxy Ford broke down on 27/10 and was towed by aa to local garage were he usually gets work on his car done. She said they were busy and they wouldnt be able to look at the car until monday (30/10). We called them on 30/10 in evening and were advised that they were in middle of ordering part (turbo) to be delivered the next day....... days went by and no contact. then on friday when we rung again to pick up they slipped up saying the man had just popped out to pick the part up and that the car will be ready saturday pm and that the price is £600 alltogether. Saturday 4pm we rung and the phone kept being redirected to her mobile which she wasnt answering, and we couldnt get any contact at all, also sunday morning she answered the mobile and cut the call on us and never returned our message!

This morning they said the mechanic went home sick on saturday and no-one else would take over the job in case they did something wrong and the original man would get blame???? and the car would be ready 5pm tonight (11 days after taking it to garage) we have just rung up and they said the bad news is that they fitted a 2nd hand turbo and it filled with oil so they have to order a brand new one which is coming tomorrow, but the good news is that they will still only charge us the original £600......................... I feel that they are saying this just becasue of the bad customer service and delay but at the end of the day as my boyf uses the car as his taxi he has lost over £1100 in earnings due to garage taking so long.

does anyone know anything we can do or whether there is someone we can call to inspect the work to check everything is correct in what they are saying as to why its taken this long??? or to check dates on invoices were they ordered parts for?

Im thinking someone on here must know something we can do because we are now behind on bills because of their incompetence!!

Any help or advice would be appreciated x

Sorry if the below is a bit long winded but need to put everything in for you to get the full picture.......

My boyf is a taxi driver and his Galaxy Ford broke down on 27/10 and was towed by aa to local garage were he usually gets work on his car done. She said they were busy and they wouldnt be able to look at the car until monday (30/10). We called them on 30/10 in evening and were advised that they were in middle of ordering part (turbo) to be delivered the next day....... days went by and no contact. then on friday when we rung again to pick up they slipped up saying the man had just popped out to pick the part up and that the car will be ready saturday pm and that the price is £600 alltogether. Saturday 4pm we rung and the phone kept being redirected to her mobile which she wasnt answering, and we couldnt get any contact at all, also sunday morning she answered the mobile and cut the call on us and never returned our message!

This morning they said the mechanic went home sick on saturday and no-one else would take over the job in case they did something wrong and the original man would get blame???? and the car would be ready 5pm tonight (11 days after taking it to garage) we have just rung up and they said the bad news is that they fitted a 2nd hand turbo and it filled with oil so they have to order a brand new one which is coming tomorrow, but the good news is that they will still only charge us the original £600......................... I feel that they are saying this just becasue of the bad customer service and delay but at the end of the day as my boyf uses the car as his taxi he has lost over £1100 in earnings due to garage taking so long.

does anyone know anything we can do or whether there is someone we can call to inspect the work to check everything is correct in what they are saying as to why its taken this long??? or to check dates on invoices were they ordered parts for?

Im thinking someone on here must know something we can do because we are now behind on bills because of their incompetence!!

Any help or advice would be appreciated x

I am not an expert on the automotive industry. Was the Garage you went to a Ford Dealer? If not, they will probably order their parts from the nearest Ford Main Dealer. (I have a Mondeo which I have a local garage service - they ordered the parts from the Ford Dealer in our town).

You could possibly check with your local Ford Dealer.

Again, this is not my area of expertise. However, Turbo Chargers are not connect to the car's lubrication system in any way, only to the Exhaust Manifold. I'd love to know how it filled up with oil!

You could obviously take the car to a Ford Dealer to get the work checked.

Jeremy

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

Turbochargers do connect up to the lubrication system - the oil lubes the bearings. It is important to let the car idle for at leat 30 seconds after a particularly hard run in order for the turbo to 'spin down' otherwise the lack of oil whilst the vanes are still spinning will lead to (usually expensive) problems.

Robin

Joint acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06, some statements received 24 Oct 06 - £264 so far! Prelim sent 26 Oct 06. here

Bills acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06 - £957 so far. Prelim sent 31 Oct 06

Old Student Account - £1082.49 charges and contractual interest - Prelim sent 01 Nov 06

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Monument - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Wifes old Lloyds TSB - Gonna nail 'em

Turbochargers do connect up to the lubrication system - the oil lubes the bearings. It is important to let the car idle for at leat 30 seconds after a particularly hard run in order for the turbo to 'spin down' otherwise the lack of oil whilst the vanes are still spinning will lead to (usually expensive) problems.

Robin

I stand corrected Robin. Is it likely that a turbo could fill with oil?

Jeremy

Jeremy

I stand corrected Robin. Is it likely that a turbo could fill with oil?

Jeremy

If it was a dodgy second had one - sourced from a scrappy or badly reconditioned - it is possible that the shaft oil seals might have a leak. This can lead to oil seeping into the exhaust via the 'hot' side which then burns in the exhaust, or oil seeping into the intercooler pipes via the 'cold' side which then gets forced into the combustion chambers and burnt. Either way you lose oil and money!

With my car (405TD) it would make no financial sense to replace the turbo with a new one, but then it just takes me to work and back...It's not the tool of my trade.!

Robin

Joint acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06, some statements received 24 Oct 06 - £264 so far! Prelim sent 26 Oct 06. here

Bills acc - Halifax - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06 Oct 06 - £957 so far. Prelim sent 31 Oct 06

Old Student Account - £1082.49 charges and contractual interest - Prelim sent 01 Nov 06

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Monument - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26 Oct 06 here

Wifes old Lloyds TSB - Gonna nail 'em

If it was a dodgy second had one - sourced from a scrappy or badly reconditioned - it is possible that the shaft oil seals might have a leak. This can lead to oil seeping into the exhaust via the 'hot' side which then burns in the exhaust, or oil seeping into the intercooler pipes via the 'cold' side which then gets forced into the combustion chambers and burnt. Either way you lose oil and money!

With my car (405TD) it would make no financial sense to replace the turbo with a new one, but then it just takes me to work and back...It's not the tool of my trade.!

Robin

Makes me think it may be worth taking an extended warranty on my car!

Jeremy

Jeremy