Bankruptcy & Social Media!!

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WOAH!!!

HERE

Trustees in bankruptcy can ‘Facebook’ no-shows

Insolvency practitioners can now notify bankrupts of orders made against them by simply posting on their Facebook page, when debtors ignore proceedings.

In a ground-breaking decision at Tunbridge Wells county court a district judge said a trustee could notify the bankrupt, a Ferrari dealer, that he had been ordered to appear before the court – by posting a notice on the debtor’s Facebook account.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The bankrupt Ferrari dealer, who lived in London, had previously failed to cooperate with the official receiver and used the same tactics when Bonney was appointed as his trustee. In February 2012, an order was made suspending the debtor’s automatic discharge from bankruptcy.

While he persistently ignored Bonney, the trustee discovered that he was still trading and was active on Facebook. The debtor also ignored subsequent letters from Bonney and Quantuma’s solicitors, Harrison Clark Rickerbys.

If you owe someone money or goods and completely ignore them that they then take court or insolvency action against you but you continue to ignore everything, I see nothing wrong in the only other form of notification left to them. I think they should have issued a warrant.

This is a special case, it won't become the norm.

If you owe someone money or goods and completely ignore them that they then take court or insolvency action against you but you continue to ignore everything, I see nothing wrong in the only other form of notification left to them. I think they should have issued a warrant.

This is a special case, it won't become the norm.

I most certainly agree considering that he completely ignored them, its the only option. Warrant would have been a good idea.

I hope it doesnt become the norm though,

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...

Another reason to lock down your FB page have post approvals and other things

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.