Fail to notify change of keeper

Smoony
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

On 9th January I received a letter from the DVLA accusing me of failing to notify them that I had sold my motorbike

and demanding a £55 out of court settlement.

I replied stating that I had notified them on the day of sale and completed the attached statement.

I have now received a second letter demanding £35 before 20/02/15 or the cost will go up to £55.

If I haven't paid by 27/02/15 they say they will take me to court.

I know I am in the right and I'm perfectly happy to argue this in court as the law is on my side.

I'm a police officer so giving evidence in court is nothing new to me

I would like to stop this before it reaches court if possible and if not then I want to be as prepared as possible to beat this DVLA issue.

I get the feeling that DVLA will send increasingly threatening letters and then drop the case at the doors of the courtroom.

Would people advise just ignoring the DVLAs letter and waiting for the court summons

or has anyone been successful in stopping this before it gets that far?

Hi folks,

On 9th January I received a letter from the DVLA accusing me of failing to notify them that I had sold my motorbike and demanding a £55 out of court settlement. I replied stating that I had notified them on the day of sale and completed the attached statement.

I have now received a second letter demanding £35 before 20/02/15 or the cost will go up to £55. If I haven't paid by 27/02/15 they say they will take me to court.

I know I am in the right and I'm perfectly happy to argue this in court as the law is on my side. I'm a police officer so giving evidence in court is nothing new to me but I would like to stop this before it reaches court if possible and if not then I want to be as prepared as possible to beat this DVLA [problem].

I get the feeling that DVLA will send increasingly threatening letters and then drop the case at the doors of the courtroom. Would people advise just ignoring the DVLAs letter and waiting for the court summons or has anyone been successful in stopping this before it gets that far?

Hi and welcome to CAG!

Not heard of any of them dropping it early. They like to waste time and take it all the way. Ask to go in front of the judge so you can claim your costs.

Hi and welcome to CAG!

Not heard of any of them dropping it early. They like to waste time and take it all the way. Ask to go in front of the judge so you can claim your costs.

Shall I just ignore the settlement letter and wait for the summons then?

there are 100's of like issues whereby the DVLA has lost paperwork

a quick read here will show you.

as far as I know

as long as you take the correct actions and routes

they always lose in court

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...